Bass vi sounds... (bass iv)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

dezb1 wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
dezb1 wrote: Bit of an aficionado with that collection, are these your main instruments?
They are, yeah.
I occasionally pull out my Jazz Bass, or one of my guitars, but most stuff the past several years has been VI.
Cool, got any links to music you've made it like to hear what kinda noise you make. Was watching Aen's ultra cure vi demos on youtube earlier.
Our first album is on the various streaming services (Apple, Spotify, can’t be arsed to find links for Deezer, Tidal, etc), Bandcamp.

YouTube stuff
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Cool sounds chap, the ultra looks saweeeeet. Defenetly prefer the bass vi sound to the B to B baritone tuning.
XY
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I’ve been back on the Ultra the past couple months, after about 6 years of barely playing it. Stringing it baritone gave it some reason to be picked up instead of the better sounding Hellcat. I prefer the look&feel of the Ultra, and no one really notices how a specific instrument sounds when you play a gig, so I strung it back as a bass and have been having fun.

One of these days I’ll find the cash to upgrade the cheap minihumbuckers to something brighter and more articulate, and better switches... but it’s not this day.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press