Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Joyo releasing an Ebow copy.

Post by ekwatts »

http://www.gearnews.com/joyos-jge-01-i ... ssic-ebow/

£59 apparently.

TC Electronic released one a while back, too, which seems to be similarly priced.

Drowning in Ebows. What a time to be alive.

A better plural might be Ebowla.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

The TC one sucks when compared directly to an ebow, it goes dead in way more string area (i.e. effect does not come through much of the time) and the butt of the 9v battery sticks halfway out into your palm because there's no proper compartment/cover... you have to be a lot more careful/familiar with them to use them as effectively as an ebow. I found the whole form factor/execution a bit half-baked for something that billed itself as "the modern interpretation" of a handheld sustainer.

This at least looks to be a proper knock-off physically of a real ebow... I don't know why that would be reassuring, but maybe it is.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

paul_ wrote:The TC one sucks when compared directly to an ebow, it goes dead in way more string area (i.e. effect does not come through much of the time) and the butt of the 9v battery sticks halfway out into your palm because there's no proper compartment/cover... you have to be a lot more careful/familiar with them to use them as effectively as an ebow. I found the whole form factor/execution a bit half-baked for something that billed itself as "the modern interpretation" of a handheld sustainer.

This at least looks to be a proper knock-off physically of a real ebow... I don't know why that would be reassuring, but maybe it is.
That's interesting, so I guess you had both?

I have an old Ebow, never tried a newer one, but I'm thinking the newer ones have stronger magnets. Mine isn't that easy to play. I'd like to try the Joyo.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Shouldn't this thing cost $9.99 at this point.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

^yeah, what actually goes into a proper ebow? i can't imagine it's that advanced considering how long they've been around.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

dots wrote:^yeah, what actually goes into a proper ebow? i can't imagine it's that advanced considering how long they've been around.
its a LM386 chip, some caps, a 9v battery, two coils and not much else. If it's being made in China it's costing a couple of dollars to produce at most. They could sell this for $10, $20 max...
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

hm. time for a solar conversion!