Vintera Electric XII

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

Vintera Electric XII

Post by Thomas »

Well it finally arrived. I had just put down a deposit on it since I wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to buy it. I wanted to give it a proper blast first.

So when I tried it the setup was spot on out of the box. Fit and finish are great, fretwork is perfect too. The pickups sound great on it and as far as playability it’s way better than the vintage one I almost bought years ago (the vintage one had a super chunky neck it also had a wee crack that put me off at its price). Fretboard is nice and dark for
PF and the maple on the neck has a darker tint than the previous photos suggested. So it’ll age nicely.

I’m currently off work with the flu so this will be keeping me occupied for the next few days.

NickS

Post by NickS »

Great for all those Beatles and Byrds covers!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

looks amazing

did some Prole cunts deliver it inside your door though ?
dots wrote:incesticide
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

No man, I dragged my sick ass to the guitar shop. :lol:
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Beautiful. Definitely interested to see how you get along; this is definitely on my list for acquisitions.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

It looks gorgeous
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

NickS wrote:Great for all those Beatles and Byrds Velvet Underground and Who covers!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

robroe wrote:looks amazing
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I want one.

How janky is that bridge IRL? That's the one thing that looks kind of off to me.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

fuck, hopefully people buy enough of these that Squier pumps some out, if they can do starcasters I'm sure they can do one of these.

these look really good though, just don't see myself dropping fender cash anytime soon.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Nick wrote:I want one.

How janky is that bridge IRL? That's the one thing that looks kind of off to me.
i actually like the look of the bridge... is there a 6-string version of it? it looks close enough to a bronco bridge that a decent re-issue could happen. (wishful thinking)

really dig the look of that guitar, though. i need a 12 in my situation and have yet to have the nerve to get one.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Nick wrote:I want one.

The bridge is fine. Not the prettiest but totally functional. The OG one looks cool but is a bit over designed. This is a way more modern style, simplified. I’ll snap a close up tomorrow.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

WOOD CITY POPULATION MY DINGER
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Thomas wrote:No man, I dragged my sick ass to the guitar shop. :lol:
Depriving some poor letch their right to work? What a cunt.

Seriously though, that is the fucking b-bomb.

Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
paul_

Post by paul_ »

It's beautiful. There are certain things you get into at that age and never let go of, and LPB offsets with pearloid guards are one for me (damn you teen spirit! both the video and the actual spirit)

The look of the bridge sorta bothers me but I have to swallow the fact that it's just because I've only seen vintage XIIs for years, and that this one is undoubtedly better in terms of function/intonation/adjustability... plus they at least they gave it a baseplate that squares it up, unlike that Pawnshop Mustang where they just pretended the pickguard wasn't cut like that.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The bridge plate is purely cosmetic. I guess this design makes it easier to mod with a vintage bridge should you want to.

I did find a flaw when looking over the guitar today. There’s a little bit at the nut that must have chipped out when they were making it. They’ve just glued it back in. And not that tidily.

It’s not enough to make me return it (since I lucked out with everything else including the dark fretboard). Tho I will see if I can get a bit of a refund or something.

The mother of pearl guard is nice and deep but I will be getting a mint one ASAP.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Thats cool. I like the bridge. I don;t see that as an issue. I'd be miffed on the crack but as long as it's stable and they toss you a few $ down the road or offer to replace the nut and reset it up for you?? All good.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Soooo in theory I could put this metal ring around the bullet mustang bridge when changing the pickguard to proper roundy bridge ones?
dots wrote:incesticide
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

robroe wrote:Soooo in theory I could put this metal ring around the bullet mustang bridge when changing the pickguard to proper roundy bridge ones?
I’ll measure the bridge hole for you later Rob.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I like how the bridge looks. Initially I didn't like the idea of it and in the photos that didn't give much detail, but now it has grown on me. Modern guitar with modern playability and price. Even if a vintage one played as good, I would be anxious hauling it around and playing anywhere outside my room
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.