Recommend a sub-£100 distortion pedal.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

George wrote:
I'll give another recommendation for the OS-2, but while it's possible to get distortion out of it that's not really what I'd use it for.
I definitely use the more of distortion side of the OS-2 than the overdrive usually have it set at about 2 o'clock.
XY
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I just remembered the DOD Boneshaker can be found for like 40-50 dollars so I recommendthat one actually. Fantastic overdrive with tons of tone sculpting possibility. Playing with mine right now and it's VERY good
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I went shopping in Manchester on Saturday and popped into Dawson's to see if I could try out a Flat Iron. Didn't have one unfortunately (although their pedal selection is decent!) but I did spot a "Tom'sline Black Teeth" which just seems to be a Mooer Black Secret with a different decal. Tried it out and I was impressed, particularly with the Turbo mode.

I'm gonna A/B it with my Harmonic Percolator next time I'm down at the practice space, and then probably use it for my next few gigs. I'm dubious about the build quality so may end up keeping the HP in my guitar case as a backup, but we'll see.