(Another) EHX Big Muff Reissue

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

(Another) EHX Big Muff Reissue

Post by BearBoy »

Moar EHX Big Muff reissue shenanigans:
EHX wrote:RE-RELEASE OF THE EHX RAM’S HEAD BIG MUFF PI

Electro-Harmonix has unveiled a faithful re-creation of their original 1973 Violet Ram’s Head Big Muff renowned for its exceptional sustain and articulate string separation. The new pedal is housed in a pedalboard friendly die-cast chassis and equipped with a few select updates for convenience. These include true bypass switching, an LED to indicate effect status and the option of being powered by a 9-volt AC adapter.

Electro-Harmonix founder, Mike Matthews, stated: “Prices of original Ram’s Head Big Muffs have reached astronomical heights. This reissue nails that classic V2 tone heard on legendary recordings and famous guitar solos, and does it at a price the working musician can afford.�

QUICK SPECS
• The authentic V2 Violet Ram’s Head Big Muff in a nano-sized chassis
• Effect status LED
• True bypass
• Vintage look and graphics
• 9V battery included, also accepts optional EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply

The Ram’s Head Big Muff is available now and features a U.S. Street Price of $99.00
Last edited by BearBoy on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Video:

[youtube][/youtube]
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Bill Ruppert is kind of like ProGuitarShop Andy in that they are absolutely obscenely good players for whom alot of their sound really does seem to be unique to them. They could make the shittiest gear sound boutique.

That said, this sounds really, really nice.

They also announced the 5mm power amp, a tiny pedal sized 2.5watt amp:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/electro ... -amp-pedal
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

That's the one Mascis uses innit?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Apparently he's got quite a few Big Muffs: http://www.kitrae.net/music/J_Mascis_Big_Muff.html
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I always figured that every 70s-90s iteration of Muff that has been a popular DIY circuit or boutique clone will be covered in the EHX line eventually. I've been tempted to get one of the opamp and russian versions, at least EHX aren't charging way too much for these and you can pick them up used around the 60/70 dollar mark.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"