Tonight's setup

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Tonight's setup

Post by Hurb »

So I got the vamp many many years ago and hated it. I thought it sounded awful.

Fast forward to today. Basically one of two things has happened, either my ears have gone weird, or my new headphones (Sony MDR-7506) are what makes the difference because I think it sounds ace.
Everything you read online says how shit it is lol but I dunno I like it and it enables me to play guitar again without waking the kids up or annoying the mrs. WIN!
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I had the V-amp 2 for years and loved it - like all modelling amps the overdrive / distortion is shite (unless you want NIN sounds) but the modulation effects are great and putting a good drive in front of it makes all the difference. I bought a Pod 2 for the same kind of child friendly jamming

Ps what's the pedal?
XY
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

love your jaguar hurb, always been one of my favorite jags. stoked you're back playing and posting again!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I have clean/breaking up sound and it I think it sounds good. Some of the more crunchy stuff is good too imo.

Would love to record some stuff and upload, but that is going to take some thought as every laptop in this house is fucked.

Thanks Josh feels good to be getting back into it...but I think it's going to get expensive after not feeding the habit all these years. I want it all!
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

It is a lovely Jag.

I've been doing my best James Dean Bradfield with the new Super fuzz tonight

This thread could end up like one of those silent discos with everyone with their headphones on playing different tunes.
XY
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Mate, you need to move that beer before it ruins the ... finish?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Fuck the kids. Put a Twin in their closet and play eruption at midnight
dots wrote:incesticide