Zoom live track 12 stand alone home recorder?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Jagtornado

Zoom live track 12 stand alone home recorder?

Post by Jagtornado »

I have switched to software recording but I am fet up with the mousing and all the issues you get with software recording. So I have a simple question. Is Zoom live track a good stand alone home recorder let's say compared to the R16?

Cheers
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

The price difference between the R16 and the L12 is pretty significant, if I'm not mistaken. I have an R24 and it suits me fine, although I would like to upgrade at some point. The R16 is a really good piece of kit, so it might not necessarily be worth spending the extra money.

What are you hoping to achieve? And what limitations are you concerned about with the R16? It's totally feasible that the R16 might do everything you need.
Jagtornado

Post by Jagtornado »

Well I hoped that the quality is the same as a DAW without the mousing and hassle. I have seen that you can record on a higher bitrate just like a DAW. But someone told me that a lot of features become limited when recording on a higher bitrate. I think I am gonna return to my good old Boss BR-600. Only 8 tracks (still you have a lot of virtual tracks) but the same sound quality as the Zoom R16.
Really, working with a DAW pisses me of.
Really, I hate all that hassle and trouble you get with software and not just with a DAW.