Boss Waza-Air Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Boss Waza-Air Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System

Post by BearBoy »

Fusing premium amp and effect tones with breakthrough BOSS spatial technology, the revolutionary Waza-Air takes the guitar experience where it’s never gone before. This personal amplifier system brings stunning realism to playing with headphones, using a gyro sensor and moving 3D space to deliver natural “amp-in-room� tone that’s rich, resonant, and infinitely inspiring. All-wireless connectivity means there are no cables to slow you down, and you can stream music from your phone and play as if you’re performing on stage in a full band. And with the BOSS Tone Studio app, you’re able to craft custom sounds with five amp types and over 50 different effects.
LANK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

It's an interesting idea, but I'd be interested to see how it compares to something like the Neural plugins and good in ears.
George

Post by George »

Interesting but not £378 interesting.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

George wrote:Interesting but not £378 interesting.
Yeah, that was my thought.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I definitely think you could achieve similar results just using your phone and some decent headphones for a fraction of the price.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I guess this
stunning realism to playing with headphones, using a gyro sensor and moving 3D space to deliver natural “amp-in-room� tone
is the justification for that horrific price. Would still be interested to try it, though.

I personally like the sound of the new Strymon Iridium; that 'room' ambience control sounds great and very realistic, probably because it's based on an impulse response of a real amp in a real room, miked in stereo. ( )

Might pick one up when they hit the used market; too spend at £400 new currently.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

This will be shite.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Doog wrote:I guess this
stunning realism to playing with headphones, using a gyro sensor and moving 3D space to deliver natural “amp-in-room� tone
is the justification for that horrific price. Would still be interested to try it, though.

I personally like the sound of the new Strymon Iridium; that 'room' ambience control sounds great and very realistic, probably because it's based on an impulse response of a real amp in a real room, miked in stereo. ( )

Might pick one up when they hit the used market; too spend at £400 new currently.
that does sound interesting but I just cant justify strymon prices
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

It's like that synth pedal in the other thread. It's like Boss have identified something sort of interesting or sort of useful, then decided to make it so that they need to charge 6-10 times what you think you might pay for it.