Epiphone Inspired By Gibson Series

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Epiphone Inspired By Gibson Series

Post by westtexasred »

Yeah I know, all Epiphones are inspired by Gibson but it looks like they stepped up their game and added some nice features including a new headstock this new series.

Inspired by Gibson Series 2020

[youtube][/youtube]

ImageImage
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I'd try the Les Paul Special because it says it has a 50 style fat neck and I don't pretty much care about all the rest of Epiphone guitars(and haven't for 10 years) as they all have the 60s Slim Taper neck. The. Worst. Neck. Ever. Existed. Absolutely unplayable. Period.

I had a 66 Wilshire reissue and it was like 19 mm thick at the first fret and kept being almost as thin all the way to the 12th fret, coupled with a rather wide fingerboard (42.5 at the nut). The guitar looked beautiful but every time I picked it I always thought "What the fuck is this thing and why does my wrist start to get cramps 2 minutes into playing like evrytime?".

Epiphone guitars are intentionally made unplayable garbage to me. Everytime someone talks about "fast necks" I want to take a chair and beat him to death with it. I'd understand if they were intended for children, girls and people with small arms but not with that "adult size" freaking wide fretboard. There's no excuse for that sort of necks imo except to boost the sales of the "real" Gibsons....which nowadays all seem to have Slim Taper necks as well
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

sunshiner wrote:I'd try the Les Paul Special because it says it has a 50 style fat neck and I don't pretty much care about all the rest of Epiphone guitars(and haven't for 10 years) as they all have the 60s Slim Taper neck. The. Worst. Neck. Ever. Existed. Absolutely unplayable. Period.
Not a recent model, but you might want to try a used Epi Firebird Studio. The necks are quite wide, and thicker back to front too.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

The SG is pretty appealing, especially in Pelham Blue:

£349 in the UK as well! God damn.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Been keeping an eye on these. Pretty eager to try one but already heard horror stories regarding QC
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
George

Post by George »

Damn, no DC. The one Gibsony thing I’ve been looking at.
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

I never understood the hate for the Epiphone headstock. This new line looks okay, but I was a big fan of the Tom DeLonge ES-333 which is apparently out of production now. The Firebird might be cool, but I'd prefer a different color. I'm still more excited about the impending Squier Paranormal stuff than anything else out there right now.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Freddy V-C wrote:The SG is pretty appealing, especially in Pelham Blue:

£349 in the UK as well! God damn.
Shit! And me with no job....
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

George wrote:Damn, no DC. The one Gibsony thing I’ve been looking at.
[youtube][/youtube]
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Still love the look of the new vibrola SG, will attempt to try one out soon.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Doog wrote:Still love the look of the new vibrola SG, will attempt to try one out soon.
same. Really wish it came in any other color tho, even white, black or natural.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Fortunately, I am a complete sucker for a cherry (how-much-for-a-faded) SG
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Headstock looks exactly the fuckin same. Looks like balls asssss

How is it any different?
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Squier doesnt have some stupid ass fucked up looking shit headstock, it just has a fender one. This headstock is assballs
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

robroe wrote:Squier doesnt have some stupid ass fucked up looking shit headstock, it just has a fender one. This headstock is assballs
Well, Gibson is ridiculous. It doesn't bother me though. The Epiphone headstock is wayyyyy better than the Heritage headstock, and those guitars cost thousands.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

can someone show me how this new headstock looks different than the 2019 headstock or the fucking 2018-1990 head stock ?

its the same fucking thing?

its the same fucking thing!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

fender has convinced 10'000's of customers to not buy squier guitars because of a fucking sticker on the headstock. that fender quality is somehow better when it obviously isn't on many many models and you are legit paying an extra 100-2000 dollars for a fuckin sticker.

how has gibson not figured out that gibson players aren't going to stop buying gibson les pauls if they make the epiphone headstock shaped like a gibson and put a epiphone sticker on it. that sticker alone is worth a 9000% mark up.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

im not buying gibson guitars because they are fucking over priced shit. im not buying epiphone because the headstock looks like fuckin shit.
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

I just read this thread and robroes replies are making me laugh way too much. Im sitting in the john trying not to as my wife and kid are sleeping, but man, does the truth hit hard sometimes :D
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:can someone show me how this new headstock looks different than the 2019 headstock or the fucking 2018-1990 head stock ?

its the same fucking thing?

its the same fucking thing!
Old one (right)

New one. They basically got rid of those dumb cuts on the top corners. Really not a big deal, does look nicer though.

I guess they're selling it as "YOU'D NEEDN'T BE ASHAMED OF YOUR CHEAP GUITAR ANY MORE, AS IT ALMOST LOOKS THE SAME AS THE EXPENSIVE CHEAP GUITARS"