NGD: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Deluxe

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

theshadowofseattle wrote:black on black one.
Classic Shad Deluxe.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Pacafeliz wrote:hot Squier is a Squier that's hot

Are those out yet?

I thought you meant these from a couple years ago:

Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Okay nerds, hold onto your fucking bollocks coz I just saw something on the Burns Guitar Appreciation page that blew my mind.

For context, Alan Entwistle worked at Burns designing the pickups, and ran his own lines under the Alden, then Revelation name.
Alan Entwistle wrote:No, the Marvins were made at "Farida" (Grand Reward) which was a Taiwan owned factory, that was about 30 mins drive from where we made the Club series, they recently went into receivership, producing generally mid to high end products, such as the very well made Farida guitars for Dawsons and Tanglewood's excellent Sundance/Masterdesign series, also K Yairi, and Saga instruments. On the electric side they made the Fender Classic Vibe series, and a number of the more unusual Fenders such as the Coronado semi acoustic.They made the Burns Elite series, the Marvin, Dream, Apache, Apache D6, D6, Bison 62, Bison Bass, Steer and Jet Sonic. Some D6's were made at the Club series factory. There were plans fully drawn up to make the Marvin, D6 and Steer (and eventually the Dream and Apache) at the Club/Revelation factory, but the takeover took place before this could happen. All in all the Farida made products were excellent, if not a bit pricey, however there is no doubt in my mind that transferring Elite to the Club, Rev factory would have been seamless, most probably with better price points resulting.
So the Classic Vibes were made in the Farida factory in Taiwan, who also made Burns, Farida's, Tanglewoods and even some Fenders (apparently). And then they went bust.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

ekwatts wrote:So the Classic Vibes were made in the Farida factory in Taiwan, who also made Burns, Farida's, Tanglewoods and even some Fenders (apparently). And then they went bust.
From what I found, they're in mainland China. Marina was made in Taiwan and is now owned by Farida. Could have Taiwanese capital, I suppose.

http://jedistar.com/farida/

May have some connection:

http://jedistar.com/fina/
Last edited by Fakir Mustache on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

China from time to time threatens western countries not to have business with Taiwan, I doubt it allows Taiwanese companies to work in China
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

sunshiner wrote:China from time to time threatens western countries not to have business with Taiwan, I doubt it allows Taiwanese companies to work in China
That's the other way around though. Considering the Communist Party can control all Chinese businesses, it may not be a problem for Taiwanese to invest in China as they could be easily kept under control.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Didn't know that. China to Taiwan is like a caring brother who is a psychopath
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.