New Pedalboard Day

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Thom
lamp

New Pedalboard Day

Post by Thom »

Been wanting to have a bit more of a flexible setup recently and not necessarily use my big Diago board all the time. My PT-Mini is just a little too small for what I want so I ordered a PT-Jr which arrived today. Very much a lockdown problem stemming from boredom as I'll not be practicing or gigging for a while! I love putting boards together so it has been a fun couple of hours. Anyway, now I've got my new board and optional extension board :lol:

mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

thats clean. Nice job.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

mickie08 wrote:thats clean. Nice job.
Thanks Mickie :)
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Managed to squeeze a Fuzz Face mini onto my board so that has been a lot of fun today :D

Signal path is: Fuzz Face -> Crybaby -> Super Hard On -> TU-2 -> Viscous Vibe -> SY-1 (+Expression Pedal) + JB-2 in the SY-1 loop (with switch for BD-2/Angry Charlie modes) -> Pipeline Trem
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Burstin' with TOANS, good job smooshing that lil' Face in there too!

How're you finding the SY-1? I keep having to sit down to twirl dials for an hour or so, just to try and map out the sounds I like! The eternal balance of 'fun immediate dials vs. cold hard presets' ehhhh
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Doog wrote:Burstin' with TOANS, good job smooshing that lil' Face in there too!

How're you finding the SY-1? I keep having to sit down to twirl dials for an hour or so, just to try and map out the sounds I like! The eternal balance of 'fun immediate dials vs. cold hard presets' ehhhh
Yes indeed! I'm really liking the SY-1 I have to say, had it about 6 months now so have got a good few settings that I love and are really usable in a band context without being over the top (at least theoretically in my head until I actually get to a band practice again!). I have spent 80% of my time on the Pad settings and tweaking those. I've found having the expression pedal to be brilliant, as it again makes it more usable for differentiation within a song. Equally, the dirt in the loop is so good. I've found myself spending quite a bit of time getting that wet/dry balance right for various settings. I think my next purchase will be a mini expression pedal so I can fit a delay on the board.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I also did a gig at the end of Jan, a few weeks after I got the SY-1 and the sound guy complemented me on my synth sound so that made me happy :)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Niiiiice :D I've definitely found sound super interesting textures by reining back the controls a lot, think I'm due another "setting session"; I wrote a load of parts last time.
Thom wrote:I've found having the expression pedal to be brilliant, as it again makes it more usable for differentiation within a song. Equally, the dirt in the loop is so good.
For real, the loop makes it SO useful to fit into a "normal" pedalboard, something that every other synth pedal I've used or owned struggled with. I defo need to get Boss-friendly expression pedal to have a blast at that side of it, it apparently also takes a momentary(?) footswitch for tap tempo and octave shifts and stuff? Will need to experiment a bit.
NickD

Post by NickD »

I love that there is a pedal called an Angry Driver. Does it nail the tones in Catatonia’s Road Rage?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yes, it's all over the front paaaaage

of the manual
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I swear the JHS guy is Stevie from Eastbound and Down.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Doog wrote:it apparently also takes a momentary(?) footswitch for tap tempo and octave shifts and stuff? Will need to experiment a bit.
Oh really? This is new and exciting news! I will have to investigate!
NickD wrote:I love that there is a pedal called an Angry Driver. Does it nail the tones in Catatonia’s Road Rage?
:lol: It sure does!
On a serious note, it's a great pedal, with the series/parallel modes it's really versatile, and especially with the external switch. I think it's brilliant.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I keep getting the urge to pick up an SY-1 but then tell myself I'd just piss about with it for a bit making wacky noises and not get any real use out of it.

THIS ISN'T HELPING

Nice pedal board(s) btw Thom.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

BearBoy wrote:I'd just piss about with it for a bit making wacky noises and not get any real use out of it.
That is the intended function of the pedal.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

:lol:
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

:lol:
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Doog wrote:I defo need to get Boss-friendly expression pedal to have a blast at that side of it
I’ve just splurged on a mini exp pedal so that i can fit a delay on my board, so if you want my M-Audio one for cheepz when it arrives just say the word.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Added a simple patch bay for easy guitar/amp in/out:

And the AMT EX-50 arrived for the SY-1 giving me room to put my delay on the board - happy days!

Also, updated mini board:
lorez

Post by lorez »

like the patch bay idea
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers