Guitar storage solutions?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That looks really cool! Far better than what I thought it would if you'd described it to me.

There's a certain part of me that would like to see each guitar interspersed with a matching suit and shoes, though.
Freddy V-C wrote: My only concern is there might not be enough vertical headroom for a bass, in fact I'm basically 100% certain there won't be.
After we'd decided on Saturday night that headroom wasn't a thing.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Freddy V-C wrote:I only own one belt]
Reeling from this information. One assumes you only wear one colour of shoes?
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

benecol wrote:Reeling from this information. One assumes you only wear one colour of shoes?
Until quite recently, for the past 5 years I've only really worn black shoes (triangulating between black Doc Martens, black creepers and black Vans), so one black belt was sufficient for my needs. It's hard enough to find one decent non-leather black belt, so I didn't fancy troubling myself with finding more than one.

BUT I have recently expanded my repertoire. I have now acquired some off-white/orange trainers, some brown walking boots and some dark blue Doc Martens, and I have to admit Tim, I'm at a loss for what belt to pair any of those with. It's a real headscratcher. I wouldn't have deliberately put myself through this sartorial hell, but the Docs and walking boots were both given to me for free, and I bought the trainers with running in mind (i.e. no belt), but they turned out to be so comfortable that I just can't help myself.
Bacchus wrote:There's a certain part of me that would like to see each guitar interspersed with a matching suit and shoes, though.
Honestly, what you are describing here is literally my dream life.
Bacchus wrote:After we'd decided on Saturday night that headroom wasn't a thing.
I didn't think I was that pissed last Saturday, but I have zero recollection of this. Remind me?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Freddy V-C wrote:
Bacchus wrote:After we'd decided on Saturday night that headroom wasn't a thing.
I didn't think I was that pissed last Saturday, but I have zero recollection of this. Remind me?
You kept banging on about headroom. For at least 45 minutes. None of us could get a word in edgewise.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I can't tell whether or not you're fucking with me because that totally does sound like something I'd do.

Mostly all I remember is talking about Rock The Casbah and how the narrative of that song is basically exactly the same as The Monster Mash.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Nah, I'm joking. We were talking about EHX's OCD clone, and how it has an 18v switch.

And I think we landed on Rock the Casbah being inspired by what The Undertones told The Clash about The Casbah club in Derry.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

It's all flooding back.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

But nothing of the Stiff Little Fingers playing the Monster Club in Wexford.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That... sounds fanciful.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote:
gusman2x wrote:I think that’s super cool! And ace for spreading out, or shrinking based on numbers hung up. Cool indeed.
Cheers! Yeah, I've got a fourth hook already, but no corresponding guitar currently. My only concern is there might not be enough vertical headroom for a bass, in fact I'm basically 100% certain there won't be. I've got another similar rail in my bedroom for clothes, and I thought this was gonna be about the same height, but it's actually a fair bit shorter. Plus the hooks from Thomann seem to be way longer than necessary? Idk
I was gonna say, are there shorter alternatives out there that'd work for the extra basslength?
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

You could saw about two inches of its length off and bend it to make a hook
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Freddy V-C wrote:Plus the hooks from Thomann seem to be way longer than necessary?
To allow for 12-strings?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

sunshiner wrote:You could saw about two inches of its length off and bend it to make a hook
Or saw the bottom off the bass
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Exactly
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Doog wrote:
sunshiner wrote:You could saw about two inches of its length off and bend it to make a hook
Why ruin a perfectly good bass? Saw off the bottom of the rack, and make a hole in the floor if needed.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
Doog wrote:
Why ruin a perfectly good bass? Saw off people's feet to make everyone the same height
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

sunshiner wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:
Doog wrote: Or saw the bottom off the bass
Why ruin a perfectly good bass? Saw off ur wiener lol fuck an you
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

kingkiller wrote:
sunshiner wrote:Why ruin a perfectly good ass? Saw off ur wiener lol fuck an you
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
NickS

Post by NickS »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
kingkiller wrote: