Guitar storage solutions?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

To be fair, the few project (read: in pieces and can’t be bothered to fix them) guitars I have are in a shed, and the shed has kept them pretty stable all things considered. My vote is that Freddy just gets another shed.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Hurb wrote:are we not just leaning guitars against our amps anymore? I blame cancel culture.
The magnets in the speakers ruin the tonewood. Draws out all the mojo
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

kingkiller wrote:
Hurb wrote:are we not just leaning guitars against our amps anymore? I blame cancel culture.
The magnets in the speakers ruin the tonewood. Draws out all the mojo

10:15 I do a break down of different guitar leaning on amp techniques
dots wrote:incesticide
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I remember back in the day when I had an amp in my bedroom I used to have some bookcase next to it so I could put a guitar in between that and the amp and it would stay in there. I might have done something similar on the other side of the amp, but it's pretty impractical if you want to keep more than two guitars out.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Am I the only person who leans guitars against amps or walls string side down?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Nah I do too. Saying that my Telecaster fell over earlier but was still in tune.

If was a Les Paul would be on a stand or cased up instead.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

plopswagon wrote:Am I the only person who leans guitars against amps or walls string side down?
Nope. Because that's the right way, according to The Guitar Handbook by Ralph Denyer. Which I read in 1989 and has been my source of conventional wisdom ever since.

*fits brass nut and motherbucker to Ibanez Musician, plugs into Mesa amp*
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

My guitars usually just pile in corners of my room
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Freddy V-C wrote:
sunshiner wrote:You've got two sheds, man(has anyone made this joke yet?)
Joke's on you, I moved house and I don't even have a shed anymore.
Goddammit
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

kingkiller wrote:To be fair, the few project (read: in pieces and can’t be bothered to fix them) guitars I have are in a shed, and the shed has kept them pretty stable all things considered. My vote is that Freddy just gets another shed.
Yeah
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Freddy V-C wrote:"Remotely" handy would be a very generous description, tbh. But I might give it a try.
Fredster proceeds to build a shed "Effing shortscale, why do I ever listen to these cunts?"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

sunshiner wrote:My guitars usually just pile in corners of my room
[youtube][/youtube]
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Freddy V-C wrote:
mickie08 wrote:If you are even remotely handy you could make something similiar easy enough with a few basic tools for probably less than $30.00.
"Remotely" handy would be a very generous description, tbh. But I might give it a try.
sunshiner wrote:You've got two sheds, man(has anyone made this joke yet?)
Joke's on you, I moved house and I don't even have a shed anymore.
Don't need much. A jigsaw would be helpful but really doesn't take much to do this and if you take your time and finish it nice, it will be very presentable. I actually am thinking of making my own custom guitar stand for gigs as much to advertise that I do woodworking as well as just because it would look better than the 3 guitar hercules stand I normally use.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Doog wrote:
sunshiner wrote:My guitars usually just pile in corners of my room
[youtube][/youtube]
Mine are all my own signature models too - called Deep Shit Idiot Modes Special
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

For anyone intrigued about how this turned out, I bought a fairly heavy duty clothes rail from Argos (about £30) and some "wardrobe" guitar hangers from Thomann (about £5 a pop). Looks way nicer than a rack, feels way sturdier, and cost me about the same amount of money. I had that belt hanger (on the right) lying around, never use it because I only own one belt, and I was hoping I might be able to use it for hanging cables. Unfortunately the hooks aren't quite big enough, so I'm using it for headphones right now, and intending to buy some bigger hooks.

gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

I think that’s super cool! And ace for spreading out, or shrinking based on numbers hung up. Cool indeed.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

You should tune your guitars in different tunings, plug each into a different modulation effect and then start shaking the rail making guitars slide along it and bang each other. 45 minutes of that and it'll be an album
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

sunshiner wrote:You should tune your guitars in different tunings, plug each into a different modulation effect and then start shaking the rail making guitars slide along it and bang each other. 45 minutes of that and it'll be an album
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

gusman2x wrote:I think that’s super cool! And ace for spreading out, or shrinking based on numbers hung up. Cool indeed.
Cheers! Yeah, I've got a fourth hook already, but no corresponding guitar currently. My only concern is there might not be enough vertical headroom for a bass, in fact I'm basically 100% certain there won't be. I've got another similar rail in my bedroom for clothes, and I thought this was gonna be about the same height, but it's actually a fair bit shorter. Plus the hooks from Thomann seem to be way longer than necessary? Idk.
sunshiner wrote:You should tune your guitars in different tunings, plug each into a different modulation effect and then start shaking the rail making guitars slide along it and bang each other. 45 minutes of that and it'll be an album
:lol:
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Freddy V-C wrote:My only concern is there might not be enough vertical headroom for a bass, in fact I'm basically 100% certain there won't be.
If the bass you're getting is that pink bronco you've mentioned before, I think it will fit just fine. My Bronco bass is only about 3" longer overall than my Mustang, and it's pretty much all in the larger headstock shape.