Squier vintage modified Jaguars vs fender Jaguar help!!

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Hurb wrote: The guy I bought it from was super nice and started telling me about the jags failings.
you could of wasted a couple hours of his time getting him to explain how the switches work.

Nice one anyway.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Noirie. wrote:
Hurb wrote: The guy I bought it from was super nice and started telling me about the jags failings.
you could of wasted a couple hours of his time getting him to explain how the switches work.

Nice one anyway.
No he was too nice for that. Plus there is a good chance he didn't know lol
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

You bought it from Andertons?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

BearBoy wrote:You bought it from Andertons?

Haha!!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

zing
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

BearBoy wrote:You bought it from Andertons?
:lol:

Congrats Hurb!

For pickguards check out earpilanz on eBay, that’s who me and Doog have both bought from.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

In talks with my main man Doog about pickguards

Looked up the serial and its from 2014
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Looks great!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Man, I hated my VM Jag. It was my main guitar for about a year and a half, and I just never got the setup right. It frustrated me so much that I almost ended up quitting guitar, no joke! The stock bridge was a piece of shit, it almost shook itself apart mid-gig on a couple of occasions. I eventually replaced it with a TOM, but then the action was painfully high. A local tech ended up shimming the neck for me, but even then it was like playing barbed wire. I ended up selling it to my old housemate, and he was a bass player so he probably didn’t even notice.

I hope you have better luck than me, Hurb! :lol:

ALSO: Haters of the shed-Tele might be angry to learn that I sold a Baja Tele in order to buy the Jag.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote:Man, I hated my VM Jag. It was my main guitar for about a year and a half, and I just never got the setup right. It frustrated me so much that I almost ended up quitting guitar, no joke! The stock bridge was a piece of shit, it almost shook itself apart mid-gig on a couple of occasions. I eventually replaced it with a TOM, but then the action was painfully high. A local tech ended up shimming the neck for me, but even then it was like playing barbed wire. I ended up selling it to my old housemate, and he was a bass player so he probably didn’t even notice.

I hope you have better luck than me, Hurb! :lol:

ALSO: Haters of the shed-Tele might be angry to learn that I sold a Baja Tele in order to buy the Jag.
Haha!
I reckon that's just Jags mate! It currently has a mustang bridge on but I will be using the stock bridge. Will just need locktighting.

The bridge pickup is arse though.

This one isn't particularly setup well. But I can tell it will be fine with standard Jag tweaks. I am even starting to like the stock trem even though it had a different feel to a Fender Trem.

I remember getting my first Cij jaguar and thinking what is this shit! !
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I think you’re probably right, I’ve realised I just can’t be arsed with it. Teles and SGs all the way, no weird shit to be stressing out about.

Oddly, the one thing I loved about that guitar was the pickups! Ended up buying another set of them off BobArseCake to put in my old Vintage SG.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Freddy V-C wrote:it was like playing barbed wire. I ended up selling it to my old housemate, and he was a bass player so he probably didn’t even notice.
Haha, idiots.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I was meaning due to his giant, calloused fingers. He was actually very intelligent. Stupid hair though.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote:I think you’re probably right, I’ve realised I just can’t be arsed with it. Teles and SGs all the way, no weird shit to be stressing out about.

Oddly, the one thing I loved about that guitar was the pickups! Ended up buying another set of them off BobArseCake to put in my old Vintage SG.
Do you have the neck pickup available? Would you sell it? Doog had the idea of using the neck in the bridge position to even things up.

If you were willing to sell it doog has dibs as it was his idea! :lol:
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Sadly, no. The aforementioned callous-fingered bass player has my old Jaguar, and the SG now belongs to my mate Marcus.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote:Sadly, no. The aforementioned callous-fingered bass player has my old Jaguar, and the SG now belongs to my mate Marcus.
That Marcus sounds like a dick!

:wink:
No worries.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Freddy V-C wrote:I was meaning due to his giant, calloused fingers. He was actually very intelligent. Stupid hair though.
Yeah, but that describes many attractions at the zoo.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

As a bass player I resemble that remark. Now bring me my bass player kibble.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

It actually looks great. I didn't expect it to look that good
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.