Buying one of the Cherry Red Semis from GFS

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Gonna do a proper demo tomorrow but just spent an hour or so playing it through my Fender Mustang practice amp and comparing it to the other guitars I have.

The electronics are weak, the wiring is bad... got a little mirror a stick thing and a flashlight to take a quick look inside and the soldering is pretty shitty, wiring all looks pretty cheap plastic coated stuff as expected.

Both pickups are shit, honestly.
Starting with the best, the neck really does sound like an ES-335. It's got a sweetness at low and Fender-y sort of gains. It does OK at higher gains too, definitely not unpleasant. All around C+, usable and mostly pleasant. If you play with some gain make sure you are fairly palm-mutey as a player cos it squeals to fuck, that's fine for me but if you wanna get your <insert whatever triggers the SLIPKNOT MOTHER FUCKER word fliter> on then you will be disapoint, sorely, sorely disapoint.

The bridge is fairly unusable for normal use, sadly. Undesirably quackie and weak, a bunch of bass and not a lot of nice treble frequencies... It's certainly a characteristic sound because it's unlike anything else I've heard from a humbucker, it's very weirdly thin. I'm going to get my fuzzes out tomorrow before I take it out because it might just be something genius, like all those 1957-196x fuzz sounds, Groundhogs, Caravan etc. that have really low output pickups driving them, I feel like this pickup could be a real secret weapon in that forum so I'm going to be careful to extract with care.

I hope that's a good enough textual review, gonna do a hopefully not shit video demo tomorrow with a DI'd guitar.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

do an wonderwall!!!
dots wrote:incesticide