NGD: Squier VM Jazzmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I still say some light staining to the pickup covers would do the gold better justice. But if VM JM pickups are anything like the VM Mustang, that would be hard to do
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I think the gold looks good.

I can never tell what good looking tort is. It all looks like shite plastic to me.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Bacchus wrote:I think the gold looks good.

I can never tell what good looking tort is. It all looks like shite plastic to me.
Yep.

It's like the wallpaper in really old Only Fools and Horses episodes. My brain can't handle the idea that anyone thought it ever looked good.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Not to take anything away from what other people like. If people like their tort, more power to their elbow.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

I don't like when there's too much going on, or if they look pixelated or something.

dark red or brown is nice, subtle "light" coming through. the AVRI guards usually look pretty good. I like the tort on the classic player jag. but I've seen some pretty nasty tort on some of the Squier VM jaguars and jazzmasters, either way too much going on or pixelated looking. I hate when they look good in a photo or from a few feet away then you look at it up close and it just looks like a shitty printed photo under a clear guard, that's a bummer.

for like a sunburst jaguar or jazzmaster I'd have to have a tort guard, also like doog was saying the finish was less grainy like a 59 then gold would be sick. other colors sans black I'd probably go with the white guard.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

ekwatts wrote:
Bacchus wrote:I think the gold looks good.
Yep.

It's like the wallpaper in really old Only Fools and Horses episodes. My brain can't handle the idea that anyone thought it ever looked good.
Bacchus wrote:Not to take anything away from what other people like. If people like their tort, more power to their elbow.
Utter bastards, the pair of yers

Back in Chez Bachelor, I could finally get the Staytrem collet on there. 'KIN 'ELL.. The stock collet was even tighter on there than my CV; I had to strap it to the bed and hit it with a hammer for ages like something out of Misery:

HI MY NAME'S CATRINA

_____AND MY NAME,
_______ IS HUGH

for those unblessed
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Quality!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Doog wrote:'KIN 'ELL.. The stock collet was even tighter on there than my CV; I had to strap it to the bed and hit it with a hammer for ages like something out of Misery
hahah unreal
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

What’s the story with that Mustang with the Jaguar neck?!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's from Rob Noirie's refinished CIJ Jag; I bought it off him for a ton and flogged the clubby stock VM neck on t'Bay. I think he replaced it with the neck from the Musicmaster he had that he much preferred.

Love that neck; proper effortless, great tuners, and the now-repaired break around the B string tuner hasn't given me a single issue.

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Very nice set of guitars Doog.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Mike wrote:
Doog wrote:'KIN 'ELL.. The stock collet was even tighter on there than my CV; I had to strap it to the bed and hit it with a hammer for ages like something out of Misery
hahah unreal
Was the same on my Johnny Marr - I ended up having to use a breaker bar on a ratchet. Reckon they put them on with those pneumatic wheelnut things in the factory:

[youtube][/youtube]
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Factfans: The guy who repaired the Jag neck also fixed Noel Gallaghers ES-355 and made some of MBV's reunion guitars.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Doog wrote:It's from Rob Noirie's refinished CIJ Jag; I bought it off him for a ton and flogged the clubby stock VM neck on t'Bay. I think he replaced it with the neck from the Musicmaster he had that he much preferred.
Nice! I've surprised myself with how much I love the clashing shades of blue.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Freddy V-C wrote:
Doog wrote:It's from Rob Noirie's refinished CIJ Jag; I bought it off him for a ton and flogged the clubby stock VM neck on t'Bay. I think he replaced it with the neck from the Musicmaster he had that he much preferred.
Oh, you would.
Noirie. wrote:Factfans: The guy who repaired the Jag neck also fixed Noel Gallaghers ES-355 and made some of MBV's reunion guitars.
That's a tricky one to tally up with St Peter at the gates of music heaven.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

:lol:
more being STOKED
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Noirie. wrote:Factfans: The guy who repaired the Jag neck also fixed Noel Gallaghers ES-355 and made some of MBV's reunion guitars.
Was it costly? Was it he who painted the headstock and put the decal? I remember the thread where you wanted to fix it yourself
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Bacchus wrote:That's a tricky one to tally up with St Peter at the gates of music heaven.
:lol:
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

sunshiner wrote:
Was it costly? Was it he who painted the headstock and put the decal? I remember the thread where you wanted to fix it yourself
Refin, new pickups wired in and headstock repair cost me £180 in total. Quick turn aswell.
more being STOKED
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote:
I like it because it makes the guitar look like it's suffocating