Really Shortscale Jazzmaster

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

plopswagon
cutesy tag

Really Shortscale Jazzmaster

Post by plopswagon »

I didn’t know there’s an offset ukulele!

► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

I’d get it if it was a baritone uke
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I'd been looking at the Fender Fullerton Ukes (there are strat and tele versions too) before buying a uke recently but ultimately decided against it because they cost $200. It's a ukelele.
Fender can be dicks about them if they need to; not too long ago they gave Grace Vanderwaal a signature Fender Venice concert uke supplemented with a Fishman piezo/preamp scheme, but then when they gave Billie Eilish a signature uke they just took that one, put some pattern off her asshole tracksuit on it and charged an extra hundred. They're still selling both concurrently and hoping nobody notices.

I bought an all-plastic Kala Waterman which is pretty cool, a sort of homage to the old Maccaferri Islanders.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

paul_ wrote:her asshole tracksuit
This is my new 2008 emo pop punk band
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Aren't Ukes just the instrument version of Fidget Spinners doh?
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

paul_ wrote:I'd been looking at the Fender Fullerton Ukes (there are strat and tele versions too) before buying a uke recently but ultimately decided against it because they cost $200. It's a ukelele.
$200 isn't terrible for a good uke... I'm not convinced Fender makes good ukes (specific models aside) ;)
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Ankhanu wrote:
paul_ wrote:I'd been looking at the Fender Fullerton Ukes (there are strat and tele versions too) before buying a uke recently but ultimately decided against it because they cost $200. It's a ukelele.
$200 isn't terrible for a good uke... I'm not convinced Fender makes good ukes (specific models aside) ;)
Last time I thought about spending $200 on a uke it was one of these things

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-tr ... IEQAvD_BwE

Saw one in Alto Music, it played and sounded very nice, but tbh looking at this thing again it’s quite corny, as is the Fender
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

My Dad really got into ukulele about 5 years ago after a lifetime of playing guitar. He joined a uke group and they have done loads of gigs (pre-COVID). He’s now got 3, including a baritone, and 2 of them are really nice (bought once he knew he was into it). I think probably in the £350 range, but I certainly wouldn’t pay for one of those Fender ones.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

We use a fretless uke bass on acoustic gigs so its 2 acoustic guitars, the uke bass and all 3 of us singing. Love the sound of the uke bass (and need to grab out my actual uke and get up to speed on it)
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...