Multistands for guitars with trem arms

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

Multistands for guitars with trem arms

Post by kim »

I'm looking to replace my current 4 guitar stand (it's for 3 acoustics and 1 electric).

As it's aimed at acoustics i have enough room for the trem arms to not be an issue.
But i'm one space short.

Ideally i'd have a 4 acoustic guitars and 1 electric kind of multistand..but i don't see those.

I have about 65cm of space in width (could rearrange and make it 70cm) and 50cm depth max.
Ideally something that doesn't need too much depth so i can place it as close to the wall as possible.

Fender 5 multistand seems to have them spaced out more....

Rockstand 5 seems more narrow

recommend me things.

Thinking about €30 - 50
No fancy things.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I finally caved and bought a Swing Thing Hanger. Its solid metal. This stock image shows it holding 5 guitars but reality it can hold way more. Because the width and angle are both adjustable you can space it perfectly for acoustics, trem guitars, anything really.

I have mine with way more than the rated weight on it I reckon but I have mounted it into 3 wall studs so it's been fine (up for 4 months now). I still have a floor stand that sits udder this too so guitars are taking up as little space as possible.

I was originally gonna do this just by buying a piece of slat wall like you'd see in ta guitar shop and cutting it down so it ran as a 2 slat rail but the Corona nonsense meant I couldn't actually buy what I needed. Tho once you factor in buying all the quality hangers etc the String Thing worked out about the same price and the materials are much better.

kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

Wall hangers look so cool, like properly display your guitars, but i can't do that in my rental apartment, well i could but don't want to. :)

Think I'll just look for a combination rack with room for a few acoustics and a few electrics like I have now but one extra space so it won't be super cramped but not gigantic either.