Bridge to fit 1978 Bronco

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

tele0n

Bridge to fit 1978 Bronco

Post by tele0n »

Hi,

New to this site and not found a definitive answer to the question from searching the forum, so forgive me if this has been covered before.

I have a Bronco 1978 body and neck I'd like to turn into a functioning guitar but it is missing the original bridge and I understand they are very hard to find and sometimes not very stable

So I would like to know what alternative bridges would fit a Bronco to cover the bridge rout and without drilling too many new holes or filling voids?

From my research a Musicmaster or Toranado bridge might fit, (buy not sure if that covers all of the existing Bronco bridge routed area)

Also are there any issues I should be aware of with the positioning of a non-bronco next, such as the scale length so I don't have tuning or intonation issues?

Many thanks for any help in advance

Cheers!
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

I posted a thought in your projects thread about commissioning someone to make you a chrome plate or surround that covers the original route and mounting a toronado bridge onto that. I used way more words and ideas in the other thread, but not sure that they add any value or wisdom to the idea
tele0n

Post by tele0n »

Seen it - going down the Toronado route, will see what mounting options will look like when I find one. Would be amazing to find an original Bronco bridge but I understand they are impossible to find nowadays. Thanks