Orange Jim Root Terror

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dub

Post by dub »

Most aren’t going to push their power section into overdriving though, so solid state power section gives you more bang for your buck. Also no worries about impedance mismatching.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I actually tried the Micro Terror cranked for curiosity. The sound was kind of nasty, and it was so loud I couldn't handle it for more than 20 or 30 seconds.
NickD

Post by NickD »

I have to crank my amp to get any kind of distortion, it has no master volume. An attenuator was one of the best things I've ever bought.

On the subject of 'enough' wattage to gig with, my old Fender Musicmaster Bass amp had 12 watts and a 1x12 and wouldn't have been enough to gig with, whereas my current 18 watt Marshall with 2x10 would be more than enough, it's much, much louder than the Fender was. You don't get a truly clean tone with either, but that doesn't bother me.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Fakir Mustache wrote:I actually tried the Micro Terror cranked for curiosity. The sound was kind of nasty, and it was so loud I couldn't handle it for more than 20 or 30 seconds.
That’s how Ive run mine recently. Gun the drive, volume just controls how much I annoy my neighbors. Slap a fuzz in front of it and it does doom surprisingly well, I think I’m more limited by my speaker size than the amp. I also like gross tones like that
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

kingkiller wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:I actually tried the Micro Terror cranked for curiosity. The sound was kind of nasty, and it was so loud I couldn't handle it for more than 20 or 30 seconds.
That’s how Ive run mine recently. Gun the drive, volume just controls how much I annoy my neighbors. Slap a fuzz in front of it and it does doom surprisingly well, I think I’m more limited by my speaker size than the amp. I also like gross tones like that
I didn't have the drive all the way up, I just had it like I usually do with a pedal. The master volume was all the way up, I just wanted to see how much power amp distortion it gets. It was enough to sound bad, but not super gross. It was very loud.

And I think I might have only connected one 1x12" cab with it the time I did the cranking test, I used to use two cabs regularly. Still extremely loud with just one.