Boss TB-2W

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

My favorite Boss dirt pedal had mine since 1993(ish) - I ran mine at 9v for years as I knew no better - then the internet corrected me only for me to discover it sounds more "better" if you run it at 9v rather than the correct 12v... only my Sovtek Big muff rivals my love for the HM-2

HM-2 + Telecaster = happy Dez
Sovtek Big muff + SG = happy Dez

I posted a similar comment on YouTube too in the hope of annoying the fan boys.
XY
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I'd had mine for about 15 years probably before I became aware of the whole 9v PSA/ACA thing. I'd pretty much always had it daisy chained with a PSA DD-3 and CH-1 though so it would have been getting the "correct" voltage. Doesn't really matter though if you like the way the it sounds; you won't damage it by underpowering it.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Hurb wrote:Cheers. Its had a mixed reaction. I have been watching probably too many how to make your YouTube channel grow videos of late and went for a proper shitty YouTuber title which has upset a lot of people. However its easily done way better than any of my other videos in a couple of hours. I also got accused of posting the link in too many groups haha I can't win. I cant expect my bollox to go viral by its self I am not baby monkey on a skateboard!

Anyway I actually really enjoyed a lot of the tones available still Don't think its that special though.
Ha. Where have you been getting grief for it? All the comments on YouTube are positive and 100% likes (atm).
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

BearBoy wrote:
Hurb wrote:Cheers. Its had a mixed reaction. I have been watching probably too many how to make your YouTube channel grow videos of late and went for a proper shitty YouTuber title which has upset a lot of people. However its easily done way better than any of my other videos in a couple of hours. I also got accused of posting the link in too many groups haha I can't win. I cant expect my bollox to go viral by its self I am not baby monkey on a skateboard!

Anyway I actually really enjoyed a lot of the tones available still Don't think its that special though.
Ha. Where have you been getting grief for it? All the comments on YouTube are positive and 100% likes (atm).
Mainly Facebook. Particularly in a group Benecol added me to. So its kinda his fault! 'Pedalboards of actual Doom' lots of HM-2 fan boys not enjoying me suggesting that their favourite pedal might actually be shite in the title.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I deliberately set that up: GUYS, I'M GOING TO INVITE THIS N00B, THEN WE'LL ALL PILE ON HIM IT'LL BE SO FUNNY GUYS.

I'm like an internet Bullingdon Club.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Haha!

NickS

Post by NickS »

I eenjoyed the video but I would like to see (1) how it "cleans up" on the guitar volume knob (which is probably completely beside the point of this pedal) and (2) how it compares side by side with the Behringer you mention, Hurb.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

My only criticism is that you need to clean up your computer desktop.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

NickS wrote:I eenjoyed the video but I would like to see (1) how it "cleans up" on the guitar volume knob (which is probably completely beside the point of this pedal) and (2) how it compares side by side with the Behringer you mention, Hurb.
Definitely would like to try the behringer side by side.

I am someone who rarely messes with the volume knob and always forget in videos.

plopswagon wrote:My only criticism is that you need to clean up your computer desktop.
Its literally just screen caps of you pretending to open your pants on Zoom :lol:
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Hurb wrote:
BearBoy wrote:

Mainly Facebook. Particularly in a group Benecol added me to. So its kinda his fault! 'Pedalboards of actual Doom' lots of HM-2 fan boys not enjoying me suggesting that their favourite pedal might actually be shite in the title.
I always think that's one of the strangest and most interesting social phenomenons that the internet has revealed. Men who like they way their guitar sounds in their bedroom, but who then feel angered and insulted because another man on the internet says that he thinks it sounds bad when he's tried the same thing in his bedroom.

It's a weird lesson about the importance of having internal loci of evaluation and not external.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Yeah people are odd. I mean the daft thing is I haven't actually given my opinion on it in the video. I listened back today with fresh ears and I actually think it sounds mint.
dub

Post by dub »

It’s the internet, people just read the headline/title then rage in the comments.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Bought a behringer hm300 to compare before I have to send the Hm-2 back.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Video yeah?

They sounded very different when JHS compared them.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Noirie. wrote:Video yeah?

Yes hopefully. Haven't seen the JHS one but one I saw there was a bit more fizz that can hopefully be dialled out.

I also tried the m9 version of the metal zone which didn't really compare at all.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Hurb wrote:
Noirie. wrote:Video yeah?

Yes hopefully. Haven't seen the JHS one but one I saw there was a bit more fizz that can hopefully be dialled out.

I also tried the m9 version of the metal zone which didn't really compare at all.

The Metal Zone and the HM-2 are totally different beasts the MT-2 is only good for teh blooz.
XY
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Already posted this to the facebooks earlier but for those not on there. I did a comparison of the Behringer HM300 and the Boss Hm-2.

[youtube][/youtube]
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Which one sis more solidly constructed though? Can you find out?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Bacchus wrote:Which one sis more solidly constructed though? Can you find out?
Been there done that!

Plastics as strong as shit!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Nice one, Hurb! I actually think I prefer the sound of the Behringer. Interesting...