G4M electric 12-string

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

NickS

G4M electric 12-string

Post by NickS »

Gear4music have their own brand electric 12-string on sale at £89. Looks to me as though it has a 12-saddle adjustable bridge. Will add link/pics when mot on a phone.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

This one?

LANK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Hmm, bridge doesn't look so adjustable on a bigger pic vs. the phone. Yes, that's the one.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Yeah, at first glance it looked a bit like one of those Gotoh ones with the 12 adjustable saddles but I'm not sure it is.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Looks like it is fully adjustable...how easily is another question.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

So I think the screw on the back of the bridge adjusts one saddle and then there is another going down into the body that lets you move the other. There are a couple of bridges of a similar looking design (Gotoh and Frankentone):

NickS

Post by NickS »

Like these on eBay...£20?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Yeah, that looks like the sort of thing.

£89 is crazy cheap though. Wonder what the quality is like. They do a Tele one (including a left handed version) for £119 too.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

They also do a 12-string kit for about that price. I've been soooo close to doing a stained pink 12 string tele for the longest time.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... IY-Kit/WT0
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

"instruction manual" for the DIY guitar kit, that has other shots of the bridge:

http://d1aeri3ty3izns.cloudfront.net/m ... 366963.pdf
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I second Paul’s suggestion on the kit... this is being seen more and more lately, the cheapest available incarnation of certain MIC guitars/basses are also available in kit form (and the people selling the completed instrument are probably ordering those kits).

The Jay Turser Hofnery violin bass I own is available not only as a kit, but also as an Epiphone or Rogue product. I’m sure at least 100* Stagg/Benton-branded ones are knocking about across the pond as well.

*smashing dat bulk discount in the fashion only conglomerate subdivisions dare
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

paul_ wrote:I second Paul’s suggestion on the kit... this is being seen more and more lately, the cheapest available incarnation of certain MIC guitars/basses are also available in kit form (and the people selling the completed instrument are probably ordering those kits).

The Jay Turser Hofnery violin bass I own is available not only as a kit, but also as an Epiphone or Rogue product. I’m sure at least 100* Stagg/Benton-branded ones are knocking about across the pond as well.

*smashing dat bulk discount in the fashion only conglomerate subdivisions dare
The Epiphone looks like it has a wider body to me. Shape is also different. Top is Harley Benton.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

They used to make them all in that shape the Epi has. I started to notice more Hofner-accurate cutaways (sharper) after that Hofner Ignition series came out.

The Epi was always the most different anyway, several parts and dimensions aren’t shared with the others (especially the way the neck joint is). They also always had a flamier top but that’s likely a veneer or print.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Interesting. Here's the fat bastard Rogue version.

and the Rogue skinny vintage clone version.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

The Harley benton violin is a great sounding bass i bought a left handed on for £25 when they used to sell their Deko (decoration only) stuff that was ment to be too broken to play- had to rewire a pot on it as that was the only fault I could find on it.
XY
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

A local shop once sold a perfectly fine strat which had some messed up wiring to a person I know for like $20. He came home, spent most of the 10 minutes to heat the soldering iron and to take the pickguard off, fixed the wiring and had a fully functional brand new guitar
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Oh shit. I opened youtube and the first video that I saw was Creed Bratton's band rocking a violin bass... and a violin guitar

[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

^those were all made by Eko. Other guitar is an Eko Barracuda, I think.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Didn't know that, thanks. That ES style guitar is kinda cool