Looking for some Bass VI series/parallel magic please

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

BillClay

Looking for some Bass VI series/parallel magic please

Post by BillClay »

Hey everyone, I've become really interested in scrambling up my squier and getting as many tonal options out of it as I can, but most of the forum postings I've been finding are filled with dead imageshack links. There's plenty of threads about people talking about fancy stuff with DPDT switches and running hot leads to different lugs but I'm a complete dunce with any of the how's and why's of electronic theory and knowledge. I can follow a wiring diagram and solder but that's it.

Does anybody have some cool ideas about how to get series options for a bass VI? Ideally I'd like to do it with 1meg push/pull pots so that I can leave the functioning of the 4 switches on the lower bout the same, but I'm willing to compromise just as long as I can still keep the strangle switch somewhere else.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Which pickups do you want to have in series?
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

theshadowofseattle wrote:Which pickups do you want to have in series?
I think Neck and Middle being activated by one push/pull pot and Bridge and middle being activated by another would give me the most bang for my buck.
I'd also love a phase switch for the middle so that it could put out of phase with the neck or bridge would be cool too but I don't know if that would interfere with series possibilities although some guy on premier guitar wrote an article about how he'd done these mods but didn't explain how.

Unless anyone has better ideas?