Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

NickS

Gibson Mesa/Boogie

Post by NickS »

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Gibson have an awful track record of buying and destroying otherwise good brands. So this could be extremely bad news. Didn't they basically fuck Trace Elliott some years back?
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

ekwatts wrote:Gibson have an awful track record of buying and destroying otherwise good brands. So this could be extremely bad news. Didn't they basically fuck Trace Elliott some years back?
I heard that their stance on Mesa/Boogie is that they’re just under the Gibson umbrella, Gibson leadership won’t have any direct influence on Mesa/Boogie. That being said, if there’s some new Quad Rec Treadplate Mark 69 that sucks next year, we’ll know why
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Am I tripping here or did at some point Gibson own either Danelectro or Jerry Jones because I vividly remember seeing the longhorn bass on their website like 10-12 years ago?
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

They apparently had something to do with Orange.

http://orangeamps.com/articles/the-orange-gibson-years/
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

They bought the Cakewalk Sonar DAW then killed it.

The positive thing is that the company who owns it now gives it away for free.

The main reason for the bankruptcy a few years ago was them buying up loads of unprofitable companies that they couldn’t actually afford.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Thomas wrote:The main reason for the bankruptcy a few years ago was them buying up loads of unprofitable companies that they couldn’t actually afford.
You would think that this isn't the same thing, that this is a different business model being pursued by more business savvy owners. Hopefully they leave Mesa alone.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

We can hope. It seems that the only thing that’s consistent with Gibson is an amazing lack of consistency and flip flopping in decisions every 6 months or so. Their range pricing and model variations is totally mental too.

If Mesa is open to a sale I’d guess there must be something afoot over there. I’d rather Gibson take a run at their business than them just folding and going away.