'Blackface'

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Nick wrote:File this with Friedman and their creepy product lineup nomenclature.
Wasn't aware of this, ew.

To save anyone else the effort, here's some of their amp heads currently for sale:
Twin Sister
Dirty Shirley
Buxom Betty
Pink Taco

Good to see the 14 year old work experience kid they apparently hire is getting a bit of autonomy
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Imagine spending a few month's rent on a boutique, handwired amp, to proudly gig with it, and when people ask you afterwards what it is you were playing through, having to mumble "pink taco."
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I'd put money on a majority of Fried Mans customer base being exactly the sort of people who would relish such a thing.

whose friedmans is this?
Last edited by Doog on Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Doog wrote:I'd put money on a majority of Fried Mans customer base being exactly the sort of people who would relish such a thing.

whose friedmans is this?
You already KNOW what it is
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Doog wrote:
Nick wrote:File this with Friedman and their creepy product lineup nomenclature.
Wasn't aware of this, ew.

To save anyone else the effort, here's some of their amp heads currently for sale:
Twin Sister
Dirty Shirley
Buxom Betty
Pink Taco

Good to see the 14 year old work experience kid they apparently hire is getting a bit of autonomy
i could forgive the "twin sister" by itself since my son literally has one (the sibling, not the amp), but when followed by the other three... innocence lost.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

dots wrote: i could forgive the "twin sister" by itself since my son literally has one (the sibling, not the amp), but when followed by the other three... innocence lost.
Had to look up what a Twin Sister was. I could see if it was based off a Fender Twin, but nope, it’s based on a double Dirty Shirley.

They also have an amp called the Small Box.

I’m somewhat surprised they don’t have anything called The Shocker or Camel Tone yet.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

if fred durst or kid rock aren't stakeholders in that company, it's not for lack of values alignment.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I prefer my amp names to be a little more on the nose:

http://reverb.com/item/42694136-custom ... k-mig-100u

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Stupid Deal of the Day^
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I prefer my guitars to have names that are more, erm, phallic.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I was thinking this is offensive.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Fakir Mustache wrote:I was thinking this is offensive.
Only if you turn the sensitivity knob up.
dub

Post by dub »

Nick wrote:I prefer my amp names to be a little more on the nose:

That first one is a shot at Joel Wheeler from Electric Amps. Took a lot of money to not make any custom amps for people, trademark trolled Matamp after being dumped as their US distributer. Used to melt down in the comments section online and call everyone BUTTPUSSY in all caps. Some vintage stonerrock.com drama.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Nick wrote:
dots wrote: i could forgive the "twin sister" by itself since my son literally has one (the sibling, not the amp), but when followed by the other three... innocence lost.
Had to look up what a Twin Sister was. I could see if it was based off a Fender Twin, but nope, it’s based on a double Dirty Shirley.

They also have an amp called the Small Box.

I’m somewhat surprised they don’t have anything called The Shocker or Camel Tone yet.
I was also thinking that it would be a great name for a Fender Twin clone, but sadly the context of the other names disproved that.

The Fucking Fucker looks like my old Carlsbro head.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Nick wrote:
The name "Assmaster" is mildly amusing. But there's a pink triangle on there. If you were gay, you might not consider it funny.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

[youtube][/youtube]
Finally found the clip I wanted- watch the first minute of this. It seems like it was initially an affectionate prank-gift for the maker's friend and now business partner Paul (ex-Ministry) whom I'm assuming is gay. He obviously thought it was cool enough that they mass produce it, although it's not like one gay man speaks for the entire community.

I would say "park this with that stupid fucking PUSSY MELTER pedal that came out", but doing apples-oranges comparison between the historic oppression of women and of gay men isn't useful at all.
Last edited by Doog on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
Nick wrote:
The name "Assmaster" is mildly amusing. But there's a pink triangle on there. If you were gay, you might not consider it funny.

Oh shit, yeah I definitely agree - I somehow spaced on the aesthetics since we’ve been talking about names mostly. I did always think the design was odd but never made the connection that it was meant to be a gay joke. The fact that someone thought this was funny let alone a great idea for a product to represent their company...smh.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

dub wrote:
Nick wrote:I prefer my amp names to be a little more on the nose:

That first one is a shot at Joel Wheeler from Electric Amps. Took a lot of money to not make any custom amps for people, trademark trolled Matamp after being dumped as their US distributer. Used to melt down in the comments section online and call everyone BUTTPUSSY in all caps. Some vintage stonerrock.com drama.
That drama still echoes around the Matamp Facebook group.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Doog wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Finally found the clip I wanted- watch the first minute of this. It seems like it was initially an affectionate prank-gift for the maker's friend and now business partner Paul (ex-Ministry) whom I'm assuming is gay. He obviously thought it was cool enough that they mass produce it, although it's not like one gay man speaks for the entire community.

I would say "park this with that stupid fucking PUSSY MELTER pedal that came out", but doing apples-oranges comparison between the historic oppression of women and of gay men isn't useful at all.
And we all know that Ministry is the absolute example of “politically correct� ideals.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I'm honestly not really familiar with them other than in concept