'Blackface'

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I think that poster was just trying to write "blackface" as many times as possible in a single post to make a (shitty) point. Someone else called them out on it.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

He just tried his best to write the face word as much as possible like he didn't care, that's what I thought
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Pure owning the libs
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
SOME???

Also, Telecasters are guitars for racists is the absolute worst take I've ever read on the entire internet.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

theshadowofseattle wrote:
SOME???

Also, Telecasters are guitars for racists is the absolute worst take I've ever read on the entire internet.
Like takes? Have you met robroe?
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

I met him and then I SENT HIM BACK TO HIS COUNTRY with my racist guitars.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

BillClay wrote:My favorite response was the person who blew right past any context and just started listing the different "color" "faceplate" fender amps they owned and how they all sounded, how they compared to others, what changed with production years, which one sounded better with dirt etc.

We'll never know if that person was interested in expanding social consciousness and helping build a more egalitarian and compassionate society or if the were looking for the nearest hill to die on if it could mean sticking it to an SJW; all we'll ever know is that they were instantly jazzed to talk about their 1963 amp in adoring detail
The Internet would be so much better with more oblivious yet sincere nicheposters.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

The Internet would be so much better with more oblivious yet sincere nicheposters.
Yeah, I can't go back and check the post to see if he was being facetious and trying to trigger the SJWs by using the Verboten Vernacular as many times as he could in one post; my faith in humanity relies on feeling that he just stumbled into an adult conversation on whether Star Wars is problematic because the Empire is coded to represent the Nazi Party so thinking Darth Vader is iconic is akin to stanning Hitler, but he just heard "Star Wars" and came in hard with that little kid energy where he's like "oh I love Star Wars, I got all the action figures, this is Boba Fett, he's my favorite because he has a jet pack so he can fly in the air and I also have Kylo Ren, his lightsaber is special because it has these two little things on the side so he can block other people's light sabers and I also have his spaceship, let me show you all my toys!"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

theshadowofseattle wrote:I met him and then I SENT HIM BACK TO HIS COUNTRY with my racist guitars.

Lol we literally traded racist guitar bodies
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BillClay wrote:
Yeah, I can't go back and check the post to see if he was being facetious and trying to trigger the SJWs by using the Verboten Vernacular as many times as he could in one post; my faith in humanity relies on feeling that he just stumbled into an adult conversation on whether star wars is problematic because the Empire is coded to represent the Nazi Party so thinking Darth Vader is iconic is akin to stanning Hitler, but he just heard "star wars" and came in hard with that little kid energy where he's like "oh I love star wars, I got all the action figures, this is Boba Fett, he's my favorite because he has a jet pack so he can fly in the air and I also have Kylo Ren, his lightsaber is special because it has these two little things on the side so he can block other people's light sabers and I also have his spaceship, let me show you all my toys!"
:lol:
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

less being WOKE
more being STOKED
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

BearBoy wrote:I think TGP user "Steven Meier" is certainly open to making those small incremental changes and being a little more compassionate.
Over on TGP, stevenmeier21 wrote:here we go, SJW on the Forum, kick him off! Haven't you folks "ruined" enough parts of regular life already? Stay away from guitar forums!

People are so easily offended it is so annoying!

I will never ever call a Fender Amp from that era anything other than Blackface or Brownface!
I wonder what parts of his life have been ruined by people trying to be less offensive?
this is gonna to feel weird saying, but i have to agree with rob after reading bearboy's quoted user. i just want to start using more modern terminology to grind this guy's gears more than anything because my view is it's okay to change phrases whilst holding our stories lightly about those who use the older terms and why we believe they do it. sure, steamingpile21 up there showed his cards completely, but i refuse to believe everyone who says BF is being pejorative... especially since that's the more sought after configuration. that said, i'm happy to change it up... although part of me also just wants to call it "BF" to create confusion and chaos... good thing i'm way too grown up for that.

in the end, i think it makes sense to have these conversations, figure it out, and, again, avoid the stories about people's motivations. the real a-hoels will reveal themselves while the rest of us do our best. just call them bougey classic and post classic or something. if we spend more than 10 minutes figuring this out, it's too much.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

dots wrote:part of me also just wants to call it "BF"
Boyfriend amp
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Nick wrote:
Boyfriend amp
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Nick wrote:
Boyfriend amp
tfw no gf amp
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Big Fucking Twin Reverb
NickS

Post by NickS »

BearBoy wrote:I underestimated the TGP crowd (like the judgemental bigot I clearly am).
:lol:
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Nick wrote:
Boyfriend amp
tfw no gf amp
Don’t know why people don’t just join the 21st century and find themselves a Big Tiddy Dark Terror.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

paul_ wrote:
Nick wrote: Boyfriend amp
tfw no gf amp
Don’t know why people don’t just join the 21st century and find themselves a Big Tiddy Dark Terror.
GOALZ
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.