'Blackface'

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

benecol wrote:
Mike wrote:Leader and Follower doesn’t really describe what is happening here which is an overall control of a system and distribution of a workloads split into chunks by various agents with no autonomy...

Director and Actor?

Fat Controller and Thomas?

Ryder and the Paw Patrol?
In design software you call it a parent and child relationship (which if you really wanted to drill down, could also be problematic, but it's the best we've got).
We have that with inheritance in software and hardware when something creates or spawns a new incarnation of itself with either a subset or the whole dataset the parent had

So that’s taken and would confuse matters

And it’s also faintly Crap
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

A couple of cunts have already posted there. A couple of good people as well
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Hahaha.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Mostly people agreed with Nick, nice to see.

But that twat who says it’s not the word that people don’t like, it’s the meaning when talking about entertainers in makeup.

Yes, and calling the local shop owned by Asians the P shop (pejorative removed, but you know the one I mean) is fine if you aren’t intending to be racist :roll: (and yes, people still do that)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Fran wrote:We are all people. We need to stop being divided up by cunts and stand together.
Precisely the reason to make these sort of small incremental changes, to help weed-out these horrible outdated terms that have their roots in horrible shit.

Sure, we're not going to solve racism by rebranding some amps in our stupid little nerd vernacular, but it introduces new thoughts and attitudes as to what is acceptable and what isn't.

Who doesn't want to be a bit more compassionate, at a cost of precisely zero??
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I think TGP user "Steven Meier" is certainly open to making those small incremental changes and being a little more compassionate.
Over on TGP, stevenmeier21 wrote:here we go, SJW on the Forum, kick him off! Haven't you folks "ruined" enough parts of regular life already? Stay away from guitar forums!

People are so easily offended it is so annoying!

I will never ever call a Fender Amp from that era anything other than Blackface or Brownface!
I wonder what parts of his life have been ruined by people trying to be less offensive?
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I mean, they politely asked him to leave the Capitol Building after he'd been prancing around inside for a few hours...
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Over on TGP, stevenmeier21 wrote:DON'T MAKE ME QUESTION MY BELIEF SYSTEM, IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD, AND ALSO I CAN'T SEPARATE THIS FROM MY OBVIOUS ISSUES WITH AUTHORITY, ANYONE TELLING ME TO DO ANYTHING IS BAD, I AM PERFECT, AND THE OPINIONS I FORMED AT THE AGE 20 ARE EVERGREEN
The second anyone trots out "SJW", their opinion is null and void anyways, and every word now alternates between 'trumpet parp' and 'fart sound effect' in my head
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Holy shit 😂
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I wonder what the reaction would be if this thread was posted on Jag-Stang.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Noirie. wrote:I wonder what the reaction would be if this thread was posted on Jag-Stang.
"who cares it the internet"
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Did the thread get deleted or moved or something? I can't see it now (it's telling me I have to be logged in).
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Created an account and still can't see it. Have they moved it to the Super Classifieds?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Yeah must have been deleted. Probably doesn’t help that I made that thread with a post count of 2 there, it was probably seen as a troll.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I was actually pleasantly surprised that most of the responses were supportive with only a few bellends raging about SJWs. I underestimated the TGP crowd (like the judgemental bigot I clearly am).
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

"did you guys ever think about how.."

"NOO TROLL! WE'LL HAVE NO THINKING HERE!!!"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Hahahahha

The mods there are so racist that they deleted it before I even got a chance to click on the link?

Woooooow

I don't even know what the gear page is though.....I thought you were talking about the telecaster page this whole time

Is this the website where they had that thing where you could make little cartoon pedal boards and move around your shit?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

robroe wrote:Hahahahha

The mods there are so racist that they deleted it before I even got a chance to click on the link?

Woooooow

I don't even know what the gear page is though.....I thought you were talking about the telecaster page this whole time
Does it surprise you they have a GUN THREAD that made it 5 years and 260 pages?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... p.1702283/

Bearboy mentioned posting it to TGP (The Gear Page). TDP (Telecaster Discussion Page) is a sub-forum to TGP. There's overlap, and on TGP you have greater chance of running into both Telecaster AND Les Paul owners. Anyway, I was able to skim the several pages of posts just before it got taken down, wish I'd screen capped but it surprisingly wasn’t too different than the mix of responses I got here on Shortscale, aside from a few snowflakes.

This was my only ever other post on TGP, in a thread called "Bands you're supposed to like but don't". I don't remember why I ever made an account but I was occasionally getting emails about new threads and every post in this thread was exactly what I imagined.
► Show Spoiler
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

My favorite response was the person who blew right past any context and just started listing the different "color" "faceplate" fender amps they owned and how they all sounded, how they compared to others, what changed with production years, which one sounded better with dirt etc.

We'll never know if that person was interested in expanding social consciousness and helping build a more egalitarian and compassionate society or if the were looking for the nearest hill to die on if it could mean sticking it to an SJW; all we'll ever know is that they were instantly jazzed to talk about their 1963 amp in adoring detail
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

BillClay wrote:My favorite response was the person who blew right past any context and just started listing the different "color" "faceplate" fender amps they owned and how they all sounded, how they compared to others, what changed with production years, which one sounded better with dirt etc.

We'll never know if that person was interested in expanding social consciousness and helping build a more egalitarian and compassionate society or if the were looking for the nearest hill to die on if it could mean sticking it to an SJW; all we'll ever know is that they were instantly jazzed to talk about their 1963 amp in adoring detail

that sounds like he completely posted seriously what I posted sarcastic as a joke
robroe wrote:Does it matter if the blackfaceplate amps are superior to other amps tho?

Like no one wants a 76 Twin or a 89 red knobbies twin