Telecaster / Stratocaster recommendations (got one! Page 9)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

NickD

Post by NickD »

Honda make a good car, good engines, powerful for their size, and reliable. Is a Jazz the best car? Probably not. It might be one of the best cars for people who aren’t bothered about cars though. It’ll just get on with the job.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Da Fuq is a jazz? Is that like a Fit?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

NickD wrote:Fuck that. BMW 3 series is the new ride for Shortscalers. I’ve got one, Louis has got one, and Proggy.
Dots got that benzo
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Buy a used Subaru Baja. You want a baja so bad.

A used one probably costs the same squid over there
Last edited by robroe on Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

NickD wrote:Is a Jazz the best car? Probably not. It might be one of the best cars for people who aren’t bothered about cars though. It’ll just get on with the job.
Fully prepared to divert this into another thread or the Saturday night (god have mercy on everyone else....)

What are the best cars? What makes them so?

What has been available that solves the problem of "I need a car" best in the last 20 years or so?
NickD

Post by NickD »

I've carried this discussion on in another thread so as not to ruin Mike's thread
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

IF YOU KIDS CAN'T KEEP YOUR TOPIC-STRADDLING TO YOURSELVES, I'M GOING TO SPLIT THIS THREAD UP AND THERE'LL BE NO FIAT PUNTOS FOR ANYBODY
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

NickD wrote:I've carried this discussion on in another thread so as not to ruin Mike's thread
When I saw 5 pages I was like, these guys must have found me loads of affordable Telecasters!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

In all seriousness, the MIK Fender Lite Ash Tele I bought last year was an incredible guitar, and the going rate seems to be like £400 or so.

Everyone dunked on me for the natural finish and the abalone dot inlays, but it played/sounded great (and looked great IMO). I only sold it because I am a tiny man and it turns out real Teles weigh too much for me.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Anyway Mike, if we ignore the fact that the ethical effects on consumption is on manufacturers and Governments and not the individual, its a bloody guitar.

Its hardly fast fashion use it twice and never again. Guitars themselves are probably the most long lived and constantly repairable goods that you can buy in modern commerce.

Heid oot yer arse and treat yer self
euan
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

There’s a Sonic Blue 2017 Baja on the UK Fender Instruments Trading Page on Facebook for £575.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Thom wrote:There’s a Sonic Blue 2017 Baja on the UK Fender Instruments Trading Page on Facebook for £575.
I don't do Facebook currently and feel I might be missing out on deals more special than the super classifieds section on Shortscale
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

lorez wrote:
Thom wrote:There’s a Sonic Blue 2017 Baja on the UK Fender Instruments Trading Page on Facebook for £575.
I don't do Facebook currently and feel I might be missing out on deals more special than the super classifieds section on Shortscale
You aren’t missing much, I sometimes use my missus’s Facebook to go on marketplace and there is a lot of crap on there. I’ve had more luck with gumtree.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Fran wrote:
lorez wrote:
You aren’t missing much, I sometimes use my missus’s Facebook to go on marketplace and there is a lot of crap on there. I’ve had more luck with gumtree.
If the Gumtree near you is like my local one then everyone lists their gear for more than it would be new to try and haggle a price
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

lorez wrote:
Fran wrote:
lorez wrote: I don't do Facebook currently and feel I might be missing out on deals more special than the super classifieds section on Shortscale
If the Gumtree near you is like my local one then everyone lists their gear for more than it would be new to try and haggle a price
There is a few of them. The stuff on our local FB are things like ‘Chord’ Strat copies and Westfield acoustic guitars, the odd decent thing comes up but the seller thinks they can pay off their mortgage with it.
Gumtree seems to have more knowledgeable sellers that can’t be arsed with the hassle of ebay.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

70s MIM Strat for £475 on fretboard right now

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussi ... rat#latest
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Don’t make me tap the ‘ No Sunburst’ sign
Doog
mid-century modem