Another Eastman day SB 59 and T386

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

Another Eastman day SB 59 and T386

Post by mickie08 »

Picked these 2 up to go with their cousin I got last week. Bit overkill for me TBH but it was a deal I could not pass up.

They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Nice, love the semihollow!
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

beauties!
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Nick wrote:Nice, love the semihollow!
thanks. its a pretty killer guitar but they all are. That solid top hollowbody is a really unique guitar and I would put the LP against any non custom shop Gibby. ITs pretty killer. Ill end up selling off one of the 3 as I do not need 5 electric guitars and I have my custom tele and I have a strat being built similiar to my tele with gold lace sensors and a gold anodized pickguard. :)
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dots wrote:beauties!
youll have to meet them someday ( I likely will end up selling one. Just not sure which. No more than I ever play electric I do not need 5 electric guitars. especially 3 dual humbucker ones.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

MikeG

Re: Another Eastman day SB 59 and T386

Post by MikeG »

They look brilliant

Been looking closely at the T386 and others. I like the block inlays and Bigsby of the T486B, but it comes with P90s.
ekwatts wrote:
If you really need those extra harmonics then play a fucking sitar.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

benecol wrote:
Great looking possible es335 itch scratcher
mickie08

Re: Another Eastman day SB 59 and T386

Post by mickie08 »

MikeG wrote:They look brilliant

Been looking closely at the T386 and others. I like the block inlays and Bigsby of the T486B, but it comes with P90s.
They are great guitars. I am fortunate because I have a direct relationship with them. I am not an endorsee per se but I've become friends with the guys at the Pomona, Ca headquarters (guitars are built in China but the Eastman US headquarters is near me) so I get some great deals.

I have had a 486B. I bought it as the same time as this 386. I knew when I bought both I would sell one one. I ended up selling one to a good friend and I let him pick which one.

I have about 10 eastmans.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Mike wrote:
benecol wrote:
If you ever make it back here Ill nick one for you to take home. lol. They wont miss one from their warehouse will they?

I have to say though, I would nto hesitate to order one site unseen. I am the point now where besides my custom built tele (and a similar custom strat being built now) all my instruments are Eastman.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I managed to finally fill my hollow body desires with an Eastman last year. Easily the best guitar of its type that I’ve played. I’m not sure if the model I have. It’s like a 355 with parallelograms and SD Phat 90s.

Absolutely phenomenal guitars. I had a chance of a Gibson at the same time and the quality of the Eastman was far better. Third of the price too.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

mickie08 wrote:
Mike wrote:
benecol wrote:
If you ever make it back here Ill nick one for you to take home. lol. They wont miss one from their warehouse will they?

I have to say though, I would nto hesitate to order one site unseen. I am the point now where besides my custom built tele (and a similar custom strat being built now) all my instruments are Eastman.
But I want one NOOOOOW

The 486/486B/386 all look great to me in red or cherry
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

[quote="Thomas"]I managed to finally fill my hollow body desires with an Eastman last year. Easily the best guitar of its type that I’ve played. I’m not sure if the model I have. It’s like a 355 with parallelograms and SD Phat 90s.

Absolutely phenomenal guitars. I had a chance of a Gibson at the same time and the quality of the Eastman was far better. Third of the price too.[/quote When

That is a t486B. When I bought mine, I actually bought both but knew I was only going to keep one. I let a friend pick which one he wanted to because they were both great. Everything I have from them (and I have alot) is exceptional for the price. I will buy my e10ss against anything short of a custom shop j45....
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Mike wrote:
mickie08 wrote:
Mike wrote: Great looking possible es335 itch scratcher

But I want one NOOOOOW

The 486/486B/386 all look great to me in red or cherry
You wont go wrong. IF I told you what I paid for my 386 you'd probably freak... It was a backstock at the US warehouse (which is like an hour from me). I think I got it for like 450 USD The 486 was like $500 USD. Brand new with cases...
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I know Richards Guitars in the UK has a large Eastman stock.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

mickie08 wrote: You wont go wrong. IF I told you what I paid for my 386 you'd probably freak... It was a backstock at the US warehouse (which is like an hour from me). I think I got it for like 450 USD The 486 was like $500 USD. Brand new with cases...
Man that's a killer deal! Eastman's are great guitars. A T186mx was my main guitar back when I was in music college.

I'm a big fan of the El Rey models too! They're the closest sounding/feeling guitars to an archtop in a smaller form factor I've played.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Gabriel wrote:
mickie08 wrote: You wont go wrong. IF I told you what I paid for my 386 you'd probably freak... It was a backstock at the US warehouse (which is like an hour from me). I think I got it for like 450 USD The 486 was like $500 USD. Brand new with cases...
Man that's a killer deal! Eastman's are great guitars. A T186mx was my main guitar back when I was in music college.

I'm a big fan of the El Rey models too! They're the closest sounding/feeling guitars to an archtop in a smaller form factor I've played.
The El Rey is it's own thing. Really cool guitar. Im probably going to sell on the 386. I bought the 386 and LP as a package deal and knew I'd probably sell one on. I rarely play electric live anyways and have my custom tele, the El Rey, and the LP. I am also having a custom strat built. I just do not need the 386 and it is my least "favorite" of them though it is a great guitar...

I also recently got the El Rey mandolin which is really cool (though I need to learn to p-lay mando now...)