talk to me about reverb pedals

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Post by lorez »

Mike wrote:Only sell/replace the bass man if it’s not doing it for you for many reasons which would suggest replacing with a smaller amp with a spring tank

It’s too nice an amp to let go of otherwise

The behringer should be close to the boss with maybe a slightly thinner sound, like Andy asked its worth knowing what you don’t like about the current pedal to know what would make you happy
i dont think i would get rid of the bassman to be honest. the behringer is a clone of the line 6 verbzilla pedal. its not bad, just feel some of the sounds feel artificial. like I said it might be more me after using a lot of other reverbs with the synths. I can use all those when recording but I wanted something that felt more real when playing
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I use an old Zoom Reverb 507, it does just about everything but obviously very digital sounding. Got a few others like the Marshall Reflector, none of them have the range of the Zoom though. It’s an ideal Shoegaze pedal.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

dub wrote:
ekwatts wrote:
NickD wrote: The Mooer Crang Guereen?
The Danelectro Spring King.
That new Gamechanger Audio reverb with the lights and springs is the first reverb pedal to seriously get me excited for this dumb reason.
Boooooo
THE LIGHT PEDAL ALSO FEATURES AN INNOVATIVE SHOCK SENSOR CIRCUIT THAT SHUTS OFF AUDIO SIGNAL AS SOON AS MECHANICAL IMPACT IS DETECTED.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

You can turn that off though!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dub

Post by dub »

Yeah, watch the first bit of the Anderton's demo where they give it a tap, then turn it off before they start playing guitar.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I've owned a ton of reverb pedals and my current favorite is the Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run. It's actually a delay and reverb in one, and the reverb section only has two knobs. But it's a really gorgeous sound to my ears. I combine it with the Keeley Realizer for teh shoegazing.

If you just want to the "best bang for your buck" reverb, I agree that the Boss RV-6 is tough to beat. I'd choose it over the Zoom MS70-CDR or the Polara.