New Affinity Jazzmasters?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Mike wrote:The Affinity series is the cheapest stuff Squier make. The Stratocasters are bad enough to put people off playing guitar
I do think Caleb made the right choice with his CV Jazzmastee. But the Affinity stuff isn’t as bad as you think. My first electric guitar was an Affinity Tele and it’s the only guitar I haven’t ended up selling after a year or two (not even for sentimental reasons, it just plays like a dream - still basically all stock). I like it so much that we used another Affinity Tele as the modding platform for the Esquire project I had a friend put together for me last year, I just love the necks on these things.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Freddy V-C wrote:
Mike wrote:The Affinity series is the cheapest stuff Squier make. The Stratocasters are bad enough to put people off playing guitar
I do think Caleb made the right choice with his CV Jazzmastee. But the Affinity stuff isn’t as bad as you think. My first electric guitar was an Affinity Tele and it’s the only guitar I haven’t ended up selling after a year or two (not even for sentimental reasons, it just plays like a dream - still basically all stock). I like it so much that we used another Affinity Tele as the modding platform for the Esquire project I had a friend put together for me last year, I just love the necks on these things.
I had an Affinity Tele for a while, I swapped the neck to one I had hanging around and it was a great guitar. I sold it to Kim in the end, for her Dad and I believe he still has it.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Freddy V-C wrote:
it's probably my personal taste and being a snob. I remember they had a satin/bare neckfeel which is pretty much the opposite of the gloss I prefer.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I've never played one but aren't the Affinity Squiers the "mid-range" ones? The Bullets are the cheapest ones.

Looking at the pricing it seems to go Classic Vibe/Contemporary/Paranormal > Affinity > Bullet
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

These days they are. I'm old enough to know times before the bullets.

I had a Squier Standard Stratocaster as my first guitar. I should have treated it better.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Ah, that's right. There used to be Squier Standard and Deluxe models. Had forgotten about those.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I also reckon that the current Affinities are miles better than they were when we were young. Dunno when that switch happened.
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

FWIW, those hardtail Affinity Jazzmasters (Which are even less Jazzmaster than these) are pretty good. I like mine a lot, though admittedly I did some work to get it there.

This is definitely a long scale Jagmaster with Jazzmaster-ish pickups, but I love burgundy mist. I'd get one to mod in a heartbeat if the color is actually right, which we don't know yet because you can't judge Squiers from photos anymore. The Paranormal photos were wayyyyy off.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Bacchus wrote:I also reckon that the current Affinities are miles better than they were when we were young. Dunno when that switch happened.
My first one is from 2006, so I guess the switch happened before then unless I have terrible taste.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Freddy V-C wrote:I have terrible taste.
Well, we did see that Tele, Freddy...
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Freddy V-C wrote:I have terrible taste.
Fuckin same, bud
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

BearBoy wrote:Well, we did see that Tele, Freddy...
:lol: