NGD. A Thing from Canada

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Hey guys, I never felt it was misled.

I was aware of the condition of the guitar before I bought it and knew full well that it was playable as it is, but it needed a little bit of TLC. I have no issues with that whatsoever. Finboy has been a pleasure to deal with.

As far as update on the guitar, my tech gave it a full set up, replaced one pot, and gave it a proper fret dressing. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I recently got a job offer which has taken most of my time from this project, since the background check process for this job is extremely intense.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Bacchus wrote:My post above smacks of backseat moderating in a really cringey way. I apologise for this.

It also sounds like I'm accusing finboy of impropriety. This is a mistake. I apologise for this too.
having your friends' backs means sometimes there's a false positive. you held your story lightly, and it all came from a place of care. thanks for looking out, truly.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Update.

The hole has been filled in with scrap wood, but purposely not blended in. For now.

Techs in Miami - like everything in Miami - are expensive. Once we move to our new city, I’ll find someone locally to blend it or put in a more well matched piece of wood.

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I think there’s something to the way it is right now. I’d leave it.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Yes, it looks more battle hardened with it. Also cheers to Bacchus for having your back
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Yeah just looks like a factory option sport mode button hasn’t been installed... unless you were getting a clean finish put on I wouldn’t bother blending it, the grain of bare wood plugs in bare wood bodies will never match anyway, and it just gives an already mysterious guitar another little riddle. Just as long as you can’t drop picks in there or break a finger when things are really cookin’, it’s good to go.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
finboy

Post by finboy »

Hurb’ s latest video actually talks about this style of bridge, this *might* be the first one attempted like that?