Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

MANECO LABS - GRONE DRONE SYNTH + part 2

Post by Hurb »

part 1
[youtube][/youtube]

Another week another demo.
Last edited by Hurb on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That's pretty incredible.

Good work!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Bacchus wrote:That's pretty incredible.

Good work!
Cheers Paul!

Its certainly lots of fun and basically an instrument in its own right. The company does a version with just the clouds section called 'small nimbus' which I have actually bought/traded as this was just a loan.
lorez

Post by lorez »

great demo and to see those things in a pedal is sweet. I have clouds in my eurorack and its one of my favourite modules. I bought a module so I can play my guitar in to it so I can have similar fun, the one thing the pedal misses though is the ability to patch invisible hands (lfo's, envelope filters, sequencers) to the controls so you can have even more madness. Love the MS20 filter as well. I should try and record some stuff for the next electronic music comp on it.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

lorez wrote:great demo and to see those things in a pedal is sweet. I have clouds in my eurorack and its one of my favourite modules. I bought a module so I can play my guitar in to it so I can have similar fun, the one thing the pedal misses though is the ability to patch invisible hands (lfo's, envelope filters, sequencers) to the controls so you can have even more madness. Love the MS20 filter as well. I should try and record some stuff for the next electronic music comp on it.
Having the exact same conversation with some one on discord. Another Synth guy. And while I totally see the argument...having more stuff going on scares me a bit! Also something that I didn't miss not knowing it should be there(if that makes sense) until he mentioned it. Still not sure how much its needed on guitar pedal. The small nimbus you can plug an expression into it for pitch know control.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Hurb wrote:
lorez wrote:great demo and to see those things in a pedal is sweet. I have clouds in my eurorack and its one of my favourite modules. I bought a module so I can play my guitar in to it so I can have similar fun, the one thing the pedal misses though is the ability to patch invisible hands (lfo's, envelope filters, sequencers) to the controls so you can have even more madness. Love the MS20 filter as well. I should try and record some stuff for the next electronic music comp on it.
Having the exact same conversation with some one on discord. Another Synth guy. And while I totally see the argument...having more stuff going on scares me a bit! Also something that I didn't miss not knowing it should be there(if that makes sense) until he mentioned it. Still not sure how much its needed on guitar pedal. The small nimbus you can plug an expression into it for pitch know control.
its great for the ambient evolving stuff and can get you in to territories you will never visit again which is annoying and beguiling at the same time. But that is the same for a lot of eurorack stuff, happy accidents everywhere and just hoping you were recording

looking forward to the drone part. Also, can you route the different parts through each other? Also what was the price of it?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Goes drone, filter, clouds.

Its £395 at joespedals bit cheaper direct but that has to get here from Uruguay.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Great demo, so much going on! Don’t think I’d have the patience to get the most out of it, but would love a play for fun.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thom wrote:Great demo, so much going on! Don’t think I’d have the patience to get the most out of it, but would love a play for fun.
Cheers Thom.

Worst of all it ships with no instructions! (yes I know!) Thankfully there is plenty online about clouds in the eurorack form to piece it all together! Actually once you get your head around it, its layout/function is about as simple as I think it could be.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Hurb wrote:Worst of all it ships with no instructions!
Mental!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

[youtube][/youtube]
lorez

Post by lorez »

That's a brilliant video. That pedal is full of fun and definitely a gateway drug to eurorack if you're not careful. Does the synth part normalise through filter and clouds? Can you have the drone separate and just have the guitar through the filter or clouds?

Also where did you get all the extra footage? Really atmospheric
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

lorez wrote:That's a brilliant video. That pedal is full of fun and definitely a gateway drug to eurorack if you're not careful. Does the synth part normalise through filter and clouds? Can you have the drone separate and just have the guitar through the filter or clouds?

Also where did you get all the extra footage? Really atmospheric
Not sure what you mean with normalise?
There is a left and right out so perhaps you can send drone to one unaffected to one amp and guitar effected to another but not 100%. No option on pedal as far as I can tell.

The stock footage was from one of the many free stock video sites. Amazing that it's all free to use. Although the shot of the boy in the fox mask I shot, it's my son and he was well chuffed to be in my video lol 😆

Cheers!
lorez

Post by lorez »

Foxboy definitely made it :)

Normalised means the stand path of the signal through the units. so drone would have to go through the filter and then through clouds for example. I see you said there was no instructions so hard to tell without much experimentation.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

lorez wrote:Foxboy definitely made it :)

Normalised means the stand path of the signal through the units. so drone would have to go through the filter and then through clouds for example. I see you said there was no instructions so hard to tell without much experimentation.
Ah ok, then it's drone, filter, clouds

From his website
lorez

Post by lorez »

cool. I'll take a look at the site. It would be interesting to see what the dark drone generator is based on. All the Mutable Instruments stuff is open source which is pretty cool and so many people use the code for their stuff
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Someone suggested it might be bytebeat?