Boss HM-2W

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Yeah, fair enough. The Behringers do feel really cheap and nasty (appreciate Hurb's infamous demo shows that they are actually fairly robust).
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Bloody fedex who wants a signature on a £16 pedal... pricks! can't even organise redelivery just when they feel like it... pricks!
XY
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Freddy V-C wrote:Quite tempted by this.
7 hours later and I've just ordered one, oops.
STABxYOU

Post by STABxYOU »

Doog wrote:
STABxYOU wrote:

Looks like the Behringer isn't quite identical; I definitely heard more upper-mid harshness from the Behringer (shown in the diagram), but maybe people want a spikier chainsaw? No doubt you could approximate the Boss a little more by just pulling back slightly on the Mid control.

That setting sounds like pure shit to me regardless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be substantial and if you're not aiming to exactly reproduce a specific tone it really shouldn't matter to the end user.

As stated it's possible there's more variation between Boss HM-2s than there is between the average HM-2 and one of the clones.

I haven't used mine in ages, it doesn't do World Extermination, Effigy of the Forgotten or Tomb of the Mutilated. Now that I've got a good rig to imitate those tones I don't mind getting rid of gear that doesn't really contribute.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »