Jack Black debuts the jazzocoustic

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

paul_

Post by paul_ »

Had a belly laugh at the proper Wilco fan who ranks them up there with The Beatles and Radiohead and is suddenly indignant about all 3 of his favorite bands being "cool to hate."
Then he comes back a couple posts later and says "I also love King Crimson ��" out of the utter blue.

The kind of thing where if you didn't suspect the dude of being like 15 you'd think "wow this is better than Eric Andre"
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

paul_ wrote:Had a belly laugh at the proper Wilco fan who ranks them up there with The Beatles and Radiohead and is suddenly indignant about all 3 of his favorite bands being "cool to hate."
Then he comes back a couple posts later and says "I also love King Crimson ��" out of the utter blue.

The kind of thing where if you didn't suspect the dude of being like 15 you'd think "wow this is better than Eric Andre"
Haha, tbf he was responding to the previous guy’s “Then again, my favorite band wrote 4 songs with "Lark's Tongue in Aspic" in the title.�

Yeah, I’ve yet to hear a Wilco song that does anything for me, love Nels as a talking head tho.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Johnny Marr > Nels Cline.

*In terms of being a fucking fantastic waffler.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yeah, he’s great and all
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

So I’m guessing there won’t be much traction for the Shortscale Wilco compilation I was planning. :?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Never got Wilco as well. Their rig rowndowns are cool though. On other matter, even bands I like sound bland on the Later with Jools Holland as someone pointed out here on the forum a long time ago. It's like German Beat Club sound engineers figured out how to capture the live energy of the bands and BBC sound engineers keep doing the opposite of what their German counterparts did
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
MattK

Post by MattK »

There's a lot of Wilco I really like but I know it's a slide into middle age. But that performance is insipid and that guitar is utter shit. Sounds and looks worse than some mystery-wood shitbox with sharp frets and a plastic nut. It's the Dusk Tiger of acoustics.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

MatthewK wrote:a plastic nut
Um
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

SHITBOX KEE KEE. WOOOOOOZAAAAA
NickD

Post by NickD »

I can get not liking Wilco (I quite like them, but understand the criticisms) but comparing them to Oasis is beyond the pale.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

If you're not American and like Wilco. Then theres something seriously wrong with you.
more being STOKED
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

NickD wrote:I can get not liking Wilco (I quite like them, but understand the criticisms) but comparing them to Oasis is beyond the pale.
[Edit] my point about Oasis was thier tunes essentially ripped off T-rex and Slade they were glam rock chooooonnns with an Ian Brown attitude - all of it second rate by comparison.... so thier good tunes were someone else's.
Last edited by dezb1 on Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XY
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

You had to be there man.
more being STOKED
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Oasis's first two records are mostly great, though they are admittedly the only band to become self-parodic before the end of their debut LP (Slide Away). The British music press was always waiting for them to stumble though, so after they made a bad call on Morning Glory reviewers were terrified to point out that Be Here Now was terrible and instead said it was the best album since Revolver or some stupid shit the Gallaghers likely asked them to... that was pretty much the beginning of the end, all their albums after that just seemed so lazy but people wouldn't let you suggest they should just pack it in.

So they're actually Weezer, not Wilco.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

paul_ wrote:Oasis's first two records are mostly great, though they are admittedly the only band to become self-parodic before the end of their debut LP (Slide Away). The British music press was always waiting for them to stumble though, so after they made a bad call on Morning Glory reviewers were terrified to point out that Be Here Now was terrible and instead said it was the best album since Revolver or some stupid shit the Gallaghers likely asked them to... that was pretty much the beginning of the end, all their albums after that just seemed so lazy but people wouldn't let you suggest they should just pack it in.

QFT
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

and just so this thread has some actual jack black in it.

[youtube][/youtube]
NickD

Post by NickD »

paul_ wrote:Oasis's first two records are mostly great, though they are admittedly the only band to become self-parodic before the end of their debut LP (Slide Away). The British music press was always waiting for them to stumble though, so after they made a bad call on Morning Glory reviewers were terrified to point out that Be Here Now was terrible and instead said it was the best album since Revolver or some stupid shit the Gallaghers likely asked them to... that was pretty much the beginning of the end, all their albums after that just seemed so lazy but people wouldn't let you suggest they should just pack it in.

Nah, they were utter shit from start to finish
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

NickD wrote:

Nah, they were utter shit from start to finish
Walked out of the wah wah tent at T in the park 1994 when Oasis were just breaking... I'M A ROCK N ROLL STAAAARRR! I though no you're fucking not and left (was actually Shakermaker but this makes a better story) ended up watching Gun
XY
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT GEARMANDUDE TO DO THE VOICE OVER FOR THAT FENDER VIDEO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING FANTASTIC