NBD: Squier Mustang Mikey Way signature bass

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

NBD: Squier Mustang Mikey Way signature bass

Post by Nick »

Saw this somewhat local in VT on Facebook marketplace (79 miles but windy mountain roads so was more like 2 hours than 1) for $200 and jumped on it, seller came back and realized she lowballed and asked it I could do $250. I obliged, even after I realized it had been defretted.

Here it is next to my other signature model guitar, I guess I now have a growing collection of gaudy signature models (MCR during the Danger Days era always kind of reminded me of the 90’s Japanese rock that Hide was known for in his later career so these two go together in my book)

I really need frets on this thing cause it sucks as a fretless. The cheapest quote I got in the area was $300. Ideally I’d like to find a replacement neck but nobody makes them! Warmoth can make Jagstangs and Swinger bodies but no Mustang/Musicmaster bass neck, it’s like they hate money!
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

NICK O
FUCKIN BRIEN
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Bought two necks from Stratosphere.

The Fender JMJ Neck doesn't fit. Aesthetically and literally. I really do like it though, I'm debating saving it for a future project (for what I paid I don't think it will lose value if I decide to sell later on), or returning it.

The Squier Classic Vibe neck fit super tight but it fit. I'm really liking this one, it's a little chunkier and glossier than the Mikey neck but it doesn't have a skunk stripe to feel so that's nice and I think the amber looks kinda cool on it:

I think the black strat knobs were stock but they need to go, will pick up some Mustang knobs tomorrow
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Sick!
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I see them porgs, Nick
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.