NPD: Nektar NX-P

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Pedal arrived yesterday. Should have got one of these years ago. Turns the M5 into a completely different beast, no longer a multifx with some good sounds, but a machine for generating new, weird ideas that I wouldn't stumble across otherwise.

Two issues:

1: setting the upper and lower range of how much the parameter is swept by the pedal is backwards from what the manual says. No big deal, just strange.

2: I'm not able to get the full range of sweep with any of the parameters with the pedal plugged in. Even using the knobs to set the levels, it still only goes to 90odd%.

I tried removing the foam inserts at either end of the pedal's moving paddle to see if that extra tiny bit of travel would do it. It did not.

EDIT: Not going to discount this being a firmware issue, this M5 is still on 1.00.
EDIT 2: Am now discounting this being a firmware issue. M5 came later than the M9/13. As such, 1.00 already addresses issues that updates did on the bigger pedals. 1.00 was the only version there ever was.

Also, now that I have it in real life, I should take back my criticism of the above diagram. In real life, I can confirm the the diagram is accurate and that 32cm is a length that this isn't.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Sounds fun, though there has to be some way to get the full range programmed for the sweep.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I wanted to see if there was extra turning to be had out of the pot that the actuator is attached to. After removing the pot from the actuator and the casing, I found that there was. Lots. But it did't make a difference, I still wasn't getting to the either end of whatever parameter I wanted to control.

The other pot with the external knob doesn't seem to make any difference, at least with an M5.

Even worse, when using the pedal to sweep from heel to toe, I seem to get a more or less random value at either end of the scale. So at toe, it sometimes looks about 90%, sometimes about 70%.

Confused.
Last edited by Bacchus on Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Ooohhh, might have found a solution:

http://line6.com/support/topic/23057-w ... ompatible/
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That's done it! Mostly. Still occasionally only comes up to 90%.
NickS

Post by NickS »

The Nektar pedal also has a series 1K, so maybe I will try bypassing that.
Personal pronouns he/him