Marshall JVM 410H 4 Channel Head Guitarist Review

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Marshall JVM 410H 4 Channel Head Guitarist Review

Post by Mike »

I was going to scan this myself, glad I didn't bother, there's always someone else who will:

Click images to read text if the forum resizes them

It got a good review and it's used on the included DVD with some weird shaped metal guitars which doesn't show it's versatility very well because it's focussed on the guitars (and metal) but it does sound good. I want to play it in person because I'm concerned about switching times because of the complexity of the circuitry. My 6100 is lightning fast and MIDI aswell so hopefully it'll be fine.

Both my DSL401 and Gareth's TSL601 combos are a little on the slow side when switching to overdrive.

This is sounding pretty ace though, the only sentence that was a bit weird was "almost no clicks or pops" - what does ALMOST mean? Anyways I'm obviously going to play one a fair bit when I can in London, it looks fucking ace though.
BYOB Kenobi

Post by BYOB Kenobi »

I hope to try one of these amps very soon when i get dragged to london in the next couple of weeks. Ive heard a shit load about them, all the talk has got me excited
R.A.M.O.N.E.S
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I saw that review, I'll be interested to try one out. You know when they'll be out in the shops?
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

magazine reviews are usually crap.
only reviews i trust are user reviews (though i have to pay attn to how long they've played, and what genre) or else, TapeOp, cause they don't adertise what they've reviewed in the same issue.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

gaybear wrote:magazine reviews are usually crap.
only reviews i trust are user reviews (though i have to pay attn to how long they've played, and what genre) or else, TapeOp, cause they don't adertise what they've reviewed in the same issue.
I was more interested in giving people a detailed breakdown of the amp's features which aren't available on the Marshall Website.

Thom, I'll be looking to play one soon - I know a few Marshall dealers near me and in the centre of London and will phone around in a few weeks to see when they expect to get them in.. I know some shops are taking preorders and that you can buy it online at a couple of music stores in the UK already - I'll keep you posted.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Mike wrote:
gaybear wrote:magazine reviews are usually crap.
I was more interested in giving people a detailed breakdown of the amp's features which aren't available on the Marshall Website.

Thom, I'll be looking to play one soon - I know a few Marshall dealers near me and in the centre of London and will phone around in a few weeks to see when they expect to get them in.. I know some shops are taking preorders and that you can buy it online at a couple of music stores in the UK already - I'll keep you posted.
Nice one cheers. I'll definitely have a go on one when I can, though I think I'm sold on getting an Orange head this year...we'll see.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

AHHAHAHAHAHH

THERE'S A CONTROL FOR "REVERB CRUNCH"!!!!!?????

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Eh?
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Marshall wrote:RVB CRUNCH
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

The Reverb for the Crunch channel.

There are 4 channels

Clean
Crunch
OD1
OD2

All have independent Reverb levels. I don't get it.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I think he thinks the reverb has a crunch parameter that can be adjusted.

Silly boy.

I was going to buy that magazine the other day, but then realised they've put the price up tp ?5.25, so I huffed for a day or two, and when I went back to Easons, they were sold out. There's a moral there somewhere.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I just bought a subscription recently. My decent into guitar nerd is complete.

The CD/DVDs they have are very cool though, demos and videos and clips and that.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I used to always buy magazines, then I started posting on here, and didn't bother anymore.

Guitarist is a good one, probably the best of the British ones in my opinion. I usually prefer the American ones. They're cheaper, and seem to be more honest about the fact that the reviews are actually just advertisements, and that gear companies basically say what gets written and what doesn't.

The problem with this forum is that you can't read it when you're taking a dump, so every so often I still buy the odd magazine.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BacchusPaul wrote:
The problem with this forum is that you can't read it when you're taking a dump, so every so often I still buy the odd magazine.
Who says?

Location location location.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I don't have a laptop and I'm not leaving my computer in the toilet, for many obvious reasons.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Who said anything about a toilet?
a.aaron

Post by a.aaron »

we have a winner
Harry

Post by Harry »

I have loads of issues of Guitarist, but i haven't bought one in over a year, mainly because its not that great, I'm not massively interested in guitars anymore, and ?5.25 can buy two rolls of film.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Harry wrote:I have loads of issues of Guitarist, but i haven't bought one in over a year, mainly because its not that great, I'm not massively interested in guitars anymore, and ?5.25 can buy two rolls of film.
wanna get rid of your jaguar?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Dude refused to sell off his Danelectro wah which he never used- ain't nuthin' gonna get him to part with the Green Meanie..