Re: A Slightly oops NPD: Line 6 M13

Post by Doog »

Just a reminder

sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I watched that when it came out and felt like it was a personal attack.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

The second run-through of the riff makes it all okay though
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Unreal
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

So I’ve actually managed to play with this for a bit. I’ve been off work for the past month as I had a meltdown after a bad job and needed to get my head together.

The drive section is pretty good, tube driver especially. The modulation section has some really good stuff, I love the leslie sim and phase 90 sounds. Not 100% sold on its univibe sound but I will tweak it when I next get a chance. Yet to try it into my Marshall, but I’ve been using the clean sound on my little cube baby amp sim and it’s been sounding pretty sweet.

I think I will get an M9 as it’s just a little too big for what I need. I’m planning to use this in addition to my analog drive pedals. I’m desperate for a proper fuzz face again so I shall get one eventually and use it in conjunction with an M9 and my MBM box of Mike.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Sorry to hear you've been through it, glad to hear you're taking care of yourself, though (particularly using that time honoured and well proven method of healing through fuzz pedals....).

I find the drives very usable. I expected to hate them, but they're certainly good enough that if I need something between two other pedals on the M13, I don't feel iffy using one of them. Having so many EQ and compressors etc at hand is useful too.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Bacchus wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:04 am Sorry to hear you've been through it, glad to hear you're taking care of yourself, though (particularly using that time honoured and well proven method of healing through fuzz pedals....).
Fuzzician heal thyself.

Rob, echoing what Paul says. We’re always here for support if you need us too.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Progrockabuse wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:46 am So I’ve actually managed to play with this for a bit. I’ve been off work for the past month as I had a meltdown after a bad job and needed to get my head together.
I hope you're over the worst of it, Rob. It's a hell of a job you do (from what I see on the reality shows, and they can't show the worst of it).
I think I will get an M9 as it’s just a little too big for what I need. I’m planning to use this in addition to my analog drive pedals. I’m desperate for a proper fuzz face again so I shall get one eventually and use it in conjunction with an M9 and my MBM box of Mike.
The M13 does give you a display per DSP, though, as well as an extra DSP and an extra channel button per DSP over the M9 - and the FX loop. I still keep my eyes open for a reasonably priced M13 even though it's a big piece of kit. There's a cheap one in Telford with a dodgy push switch/encoder... but it's a long way to go to collect it.
Personal pronouns he/him
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Sorry to hear you’ve been going through a tough time Rob.
Glad you’ve put it to good use and got some play time in :)
Look after yourself mate.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

NickS wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:50 pm
Progrockabuse wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:46 am So I’ve actually managed to play with this for a bit. I’ve been off work for the past month as I had a meltdown after a bad job and needed to get my head together.
I hope you're over the worst of it, Rob. It's a hell of a job you do (from what I see on the reality shows, and they can't show the worst of it).
The M13 does give you a display per DSP, though, as well as an extra DSP and an extra channel button per DSP over the M9 - and the FX loop. I still keep my eyes open for a reasonably priced M13 even though it's a big piece of kit. There's a cheap one in Telford with a dodgy push switch/encoder... but it's a long way to go to collect it.
Push switch as in one of the push knobs? Those are an easy fix.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Bacchus wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:35 pm Push switch as in one of the push knobs? Those are an easy fix.
Aye, but it's in Telford.
Personal pronouns he/him
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

The drive section is pretty good, tube driver especially.
So sorry to hear that, but glad you've been able to address this with some time off xo

And, yeah- the Tube Driver is good, eh! That was my base 'almost clean' tone for ages.

I do sing its praises a lot, but if you're playing on headphones, you might be better of with an HX Stomp rather than just an M9; I've had one for a few years and do 99% of my playing on it on headphones; sounds GREAT.

It has all the 'legacy' M-series effects on it, plus loads and LOADS of new models, including amp and/or cab sims, plus a million funky routing options so you can "dual rig" right there in The Matrix. Sick af.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Thanks for the kind responses, it’s a place I’d never thought I’d be in. Always been the strong one that nothing tends to phase, but after the past 3 years (miscarriages,fatherhood, wife’s health,covid,work) it had gotten to the point where I just snapped at home one day and experienced my first panic attack of my life. Therapy for the past 8 weeks has actually helped and having the time to rediscover me again has been valuable. Plus son cuddles make everything better :)

I’m not fully convinced by some of the fuzz sounds, but the unit tends to be quite dynamic for the player that uses volume on the guitar to vary crunch/clean/lead.

Nicks, how far is Derbyshire from yours? Might be up for an M9/M13 trade if I’m 100% sure it’s too big.

Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Doog wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:57 am

The drive section is pretty good, tube driver especially.
So sorry to hear that, but glad you've been able to address this with some time off xo

And, yeah- the Tube Driver is good, eh! That was my base 'almost clean' tone for ages.

I do sing its praises a lot, but if you're playing on headphones, you might be better of with an HX Stomp rather than just an M9; I've had one for a few years and do 99% of my playing on it on headphones; sounds GREAT.

It has all the 'legacy' M-series effects on it, plus loads and LOADS of new models, including amp and/or cab sims, plus a million funky routing options so you can "dual rig" right there in The Matrix. Sick af.
HX series looks brilliant, just wish it was a little cheaper.

Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
NickS

Post by NickS »

Progrockabuse wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:44 am Nicks, how far is Derbyshire from yours? Might be up for an M9/M13 trade if I’m 100% sure it’s too big.
We're near Basingstoke. My older son is in Long Eaton, so we're there a few times a year.
Personal pronouns he/him