Post by Hurb »

CLICK MY BAIT

plopswagon
cutesy tag

Re: Electro Harmonix PolyChorus tones on the cheap

Post by plopswagon »

Southern Lady says, “Why click my bait!”
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
lorez

Post by lorez »

heard some good things about that zoom multi effects pedal. I might have to investigate

video sounds really good also
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Cheers!

Yeah its easily the best bang for buck I think.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Really loved it - jokes tones and all and thanks for using the pedal I made you!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I got the original MS 50 as soon as it came out and thought it was kind of nuts at the time. The way it modelled the pedals, allowing you to visualise the pedalboard and adjust the controls was great. I don't think Zoom were the first, but they really packed an absolute shitload of functionality into a Boss-sized footprint.

The problem I had with it was it was a noisy fucker. I think the output was boosted for headphones or something, and through an amp it just whined, so it gradually became something I used just for practising and stuff, and then I think a friend borrowed it and I've no idea where it ended up. So I dunno if they fixed the whining in an update or anything.

I bought a Zoom B1 Four earlier in the year for use with synths like my Volcas and I think it uses almost the exact same firmware as the MS 50 and MS 70 and I don't have any complaints with it. It's great.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Mike wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:53 pm Really loved it - jokes tones and all and thanks for using the pedal I made you!

no worries glad you liked it x
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

ekwatts wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:29 pm I got the original MS 50 as soon as it came out and thought it was kind of nuts at the time. The way it modelled the pedals, allowing you to visualise the pedalboard and adjust the controls was great. I don't think Zoom were the first, but they really packed an absolute shitload of functionality into a Boss-sized footprint.

The problem I had with it was it was a noisy fucker. I think the output was boosted for headphones or something, and through an amp it just whined, so it gradually became something I used just for practising and stuff, and then I think a friend borrowed it and I've no idea where it ended up. So I dunno if they fixed the whining in an update or anything.

I bought a Zoom B1 Four earlier in the year for use with synths like my Volcas and I think it uses almost the exact same firmware as the MS 50 and MS 70 and I don't have any complaints with it. It's great.
I haven't found the ms-70cdr noisy thankfully.
That B1 looks cool. whats the looper like?
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Absolutely no idea, I haven't used it! If I get the chance, I'll try it out with guitar at some point, I've been meaning to anyway, so I'll let you know.

What's funny is that I don't think the larger enclosure necessarily adds all that much functionality beyond that second footswitch. Having more buttons on the front panel actually made it slightly less intuitive compared to the MS50. Either that or I've genuinely become more of a technophobe in the last 10+ years.

It could be either.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.