NGD Inoran Jazzmaster (for fat neck fans)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Re: NGD Inoran Jazzmaster (for fat neck fans)

Post by Gavin »

Or you could just stick with the original bridge, because there's nothing wrong with it. Some guy called big baby hurb or something did a video on YouTube on how to set it up well.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Not to be compounding the silly but, yeah can’t you adjust the individual bridge saddles to be basically any radius you want? Or is it a Mustang style bridge?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

It’s nothing to do with the strings popping or setup it’s mismatched radius.

The bridge they ship with is the Fender version of the Staytrem (like on the Marr Jaguar) so you can’t adjust the radius. I have been looking for an adjustable Mustang style. The only ones I’ve found are the cheap ones that either have happy saddles or the tiny grub screws that shred your hand.

I could just ghetto shim the saddles or something. It’s probably the first “nice” guitar I’ve bought new so the temptation is to upgrade it to something suitably nice too. It’s not a necessity , he guitar still plays great but I like my setup a particular way and my tractor fingers can tell it feels a little off.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Are those saddles not height-adjustable? Or is it a case of them not being adjustable enough to get to the radius you need?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I’m crossing the streams somewhat by talking about 2 guitars in the same thread. The bridge on this guitar is fine. It’s the one for my AmProII I need to replace.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I didn't know the American Pro II had a compound radius neck. The Fender website just says it's 9.5" radius and that the Ultra has a 10"-14" compound radius neck.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Thomas wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:49 pm I’m crossing the streams somewhat by talking about 2 guitars in the same thread. The bridge on this guitar is fine. It’s the one for my AmProII I need to replace.
Ah. Swap bridges?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That is another option, however the only bridge I have with adjustable saddles is on a Player Jag I got as part of a trade so it’s one of the cheapy ones that shred your hand. Firstly I hope to be shot of that soon (without changing the bridge) and secondly, I don’t really want to fork out £stupidmoney for a guitar then stick a trash bridge on it y’know?

All my other bridges are the non-adjustable Mustang type, apart from the Inoran JM, but that’s Japanese and a different size. Even if it was the same size I couldn’t stick the bridge from the other JM on that cos one is 7.25” the other is 9.5”. Loads of bridges, sucky cross compatibility for the specs I need.

It wouldn’t be such a bad thing if only the Mastery wasn’t so hideous 😂
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

John at Staytrem said he can make me a custom bridge for a wee bit on top if needed. He also said the AmPro2 should be 9.5”. I rechecked on the Fender site and it’s been updated so it looks like I was problem solving an issue that didn’t exist 😂 it’s the ultras that have the compound radius.