Amp Repair Channel

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

Amp Repair Channel

Post by taylornutt »

I am not sure how I found this channel, but this amp tech here in the states videos all his repairs and then posts them so his clients can see what needs to be fixed.

It's not exciting as much as it is informative but the guy really explains and shows how everything works.

If you love guitar amps and want to see someone who knows how to work on them, you should check it out.

Psionic Audio
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
NickS

Re: Amp Repair Channel

Post by NickS »

It looks detailed to the point of possibly being boring but there may be some gems in there. I must look at some later but right now I don't feel up to it (COVID). I'll save it for later. Thanks.
Personal pronouns he/him
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Will scope this out, cheers!

On the "detailed to the point of possibly being boring" point, I can highly recommend Uncle Doug; he knows his beans but I also find him a genuinely funny fella- he's like the witty tech grandpa we all wished we had:

http://www.youtube.com/c/UncleDoug
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
NickS

Post by NickS »

Doog wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:14 am On the "detailed to the point of possibly being boring" point, I can highly recommend Uncle Doug; he knows his beans but I also find him a genuinely funny fella- he's like the witty tech grandpa we all wished we had:

http://www.youtube.com/c/UncleDoug
Just watched a "reconing a loudspeaker" video. I wish I'd had YouTube 50 years ago when we were destroying Fane loudspeakers on a semi-regular basis.
Personal pronouns he/him
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I really like knowing how things work which also helps you troubleshoot issues that might come up.

I have been looking at buying a new amp so it helps to see what issues a particular model is prone to having and what to look for when purchasing either a new or used one.

I definitely learned to turn an amp on and turn all the knobs to 1 and see if it makes any weird noises or cyclical hum from like the tremolo.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |