Blackstar Silverline Deluxe NAD

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Blackstar Silverline Deluxe NAD

Post by Hurb »

Anyone tried one of these? There is the head and cab version for sale locally and I quite fancy the look of it if it sounds half decent and takes pedals alright.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Re: Blackstar Silverline Deluxe

Post by Bacchus »

I'd never heard of them. The Architect thing looks cool and USB recording would be handy for your demos etc.

Not sure if it would be really good or a bit gimmicky overall, though.

How cheap is it? I think it would need to be pretty cheap to tempt me. There are a number of "reasonably cheap, reasonably loud, reasonably decent" solid state amps. That part of the second hand market is pretty saturated.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Up for 400 for the head cab and footswitch.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

No input from me, other than I like that digital modelling amps are starting to look nice, and less like smart fridges

ooh it has a phaser

I guess it's a reasonable price, but feel like you're still paying for a lot of onboard stuff you wouldn't be using if you're using it as a pedal platform? The Katana could be a similar and cheaper option for £350 new and I 'd wager a lot lighter than that setup, too.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
NickD

Post by NickD »

Doog wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:54 pm I guess it's a reasonable price, but feel like you're still paying for a lot of onboard stuff you wouldn't be using if you're using it as a pedal platform? The Katana could be a similar and cheaper option for £350 new and I 'd wager a lot lighter than that setup, too.
This, and I've seen Katanas at less than £200 used.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I know this is going to get me some shit. But these silverlines look pretty...which is a plus 1 for me as I will have to have it live somewhere in the house and Mrs Hurb will have to accept its look. The Katanas are pretty fugly no?

He's dropped the price to 350
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Flextone III?
NickD

Post by NickD »

Hurb wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:08 am I know this is going to get me some shit. But these silverlines look pretty...which is a plus 1 for me as I will have to have it live somewhere in the house and Mrs Hurb will have to accept its look. The Katanas are pretty fugly no?

Nah, it's a fair point. And lets be honest most of buy guitars as much for how they look as how they play.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

It was one of the reservations I had about that Jet City. It has to sit in the living room and get looked at all day, so can't look too terrible (luckily it looks much better without the badge).

That's one of the things I liked about the Flextone III. Debadged, it just looks like a "nice" amp, depending on what the rest of your living room looks like.

Similar considerations are given to hifi gear. My old Rotel was gorgeous, silver panelled with glowing green lights. The newer and much better sounding NAD is ugly by comparison.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Hurb wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:08 am I know this is going to get me some shit. But these silverlines look pretty...which is a plus 1 for me as I will have to have it live somewhere in the house and Mrs Hurb will have to accept its look. The Katanas are pretty fugly no?

Yeah, that is fair enough; I've been eyeing up those 'analog modelling' Vox AVs for ages mainly due to the aesthetics:

It's all part of the package, innit. And now even cheaper!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

It is, I suppose.

I just watched a shoot out (on andertons with that horrible man chapman) between the silverline and the Katana. The silverlines cleans sounded better to me and the high gain stuff sounded better on the Katana. So as I will be using pedals that is probably a plus for the silverline. Interestingly the Katana was louder than the silverline despite the sales garb that the wattage matches valve dbs.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

are the flextones just new spider amps?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Not that new, but yeah, I think they were basically the same amp repackaged for an audience that wasn't 14 year old metalheads.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

My HT1 has been one i'd never get rid of, the tolex is cheap and you see why these are more 'budget' but i love its cleans with the valves 'exchanging', but that's apples and oranges.
Would love to check these out at a store for myself, seems like a lot of versatility, would probably have to plan a trip to Ghent for that. Might.

First need to look into the specs a bit more closely though.

On aesthetics, not a fan of the chickenhead knobs, but blackstar has always used those.

I've made a 180 on kemper. Profiling is superior to modelling and i love them but i can't justify the cost for being just a hobbyist noodler who only makes music when the stars align. :roll: :lol:
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Still think you should go for the kemper Kim.

Well I done bought it. He came down to £320 in the end which I am happy with. Sounds really bloody gorgeous to me on the crunch setting with a lower gain.

Havent tried my pedals through it yet.

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Re: Blackstar Silverline Deluxe NAD

Post by Freddy V-C »

Looks pretty tasty, Hurb! Do you reckon you'll take it to your audition this week?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Looks cool. Matches decor ~(bravo)
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:58 pm Looks pretty tasty, Hurb! Do you reckon you'll take it to your audition this week?
Cheers.

Yeah I could do its light enough, the practice space has marshall mg something or others that probably sound shite.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

BearBoy wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 pm Looks cool. Matches decor ~(bravo)
Lady hurb did not agree :?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Oh *couch*
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.