NMGBD (advisory: some mandolin content)

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

NickS

NMGBD (advisory: some mandolin content)

Post by NickS »

New Mandolin Gig Bag Day!
Today I was in Southampton, where there is branch of Hobgoblin Music. Hobgoblin have a fantastic range of acoustic instruments but my wife wasn't feeling too good so I only stayed long enough for my stated purpose, which was to buy a mandolin case or gig bag. They did have a very nice plush-lined case but at £90 I was informed it would cost more than my mandolin (a gift from my wife) which cost £60 some years ago. So I settled for a Viking mandolin gig bag at £35.
► Show Spoiler
Features a decent amount of padding, back straps and a couple of pouches for bits and pieces. I'd still like to try a more expensive mandolin to see if it plays any better than mine.
Personal pronouns he/him
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Re: NMGBD (advisory: some mandolin content)

Post by plopswagon »

I like to play mandolin though it’s been ages since I picked it up. I have a Korean made Epiphone “A” type. I should try out a nicer one as well, I’m actually surprised it plays at all because the cats broke the neck joint years ago and I just re-glued and clamped it without a second thought.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.