rahbro

SHORTSCALEGEARDEMO VOX MV 50

Post by rahbro »

plopswagon wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 am
I laid a pallet of sod yesterday
sunshiner

Re: SHORTSCALEGEARDEMO VOX MV 50

Post by sunshiner »

I might be mistaken here but the American Sound pedal is supposed to go into PA and not into a guitar amp as it has only one output which already has a speaker simulation.

I like the Vox and the Sonic Cake pedals
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

While that’s true in the “intended use” sense, a lot of people do use them to bolster the tone of boring sounding amps. I use an American or British Sound into a Bassman Ten because that amp otherwise has pretty much nothing cool going on, and teh Kurtdz’s dirty tone for the In Utero touring era was a Sansamp into his rack of random bullshit, he basically only used it as a distortion pedal.

The “speaker emulation” capabilities of those Joyos is questionable.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

paul_ wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:57 am While that’s true in the “intended use” sense, a lot of people do use them to bolster the tone of boring sounding amps. I use an American or British Sound into a Bassman Ten because that amp otherwise has pretty much nothing cool going on, and teh Kurtdz’s dirty tone for the In Utero touring era was a Sansamp into his rack of random bullshit, he basically only used it as a distortion pedal.

The “speaker emulation” capabilities of those Joyos is questionable.
Aye, it's just an EQ curve as per the Sansamps it rips off; wish they woulda made it optional like later Sansamps did.

+1 on the 'boring amps'; I've loved my Joyo AC ting into crummy solidstate amps, and it sounds good into Rob's non-crummy MV50 here; that 'Clean' model is MAD CLEAN. Straight into a more defined amp (or even simulated amp+speaker), it ends up sounding overly filtered.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
rahbro

Post by rahbro »

Thanks Doog!!!
DOOG (rightfully) craps on everything I make because of my complete lack for the need in quality of anything I do. Lol

The more I play it the more I love it.

120 bucks for the Vox mini amp (used in box at GC)
45 bucks for the JoYo pedal (new amazon)
+
That 1x12 cab you got already that you haven't used in 10 years =

A really really clean or overdriven amp that is louder than my drummer for 165 bucks.

Used it at practice last night and my other guitar player was blown away and now wants one.
plopswagon wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 am
I laid a pallet of sod yesterday