Marshall Pedal Reissues

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Marshall Pedal Reissues

Post by BearBoy »

Seem to recall these leaking at some point last year but then it all going quiet?

Anyway, Marshall are reissuing the Guv'nor, Blues Breaker, Shred Master and Drive Master: LANK

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Re: Marshall Pedal Reissues

Post by Bacchus »

I know I have a Guvnor knocking around somewhere. Should probably find it...

I think I sort of dismissed it when I was about 16, but understand they're well thought of now? I suppose the old ones will go up in price now too.....
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Bacchus wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:34 pm I know I have a Guvnor knocking around somewhere. Should probably find it...

I think I sort of dismissed it when I was about 16, but understand they're well thought of now? I suppose the old ones will go up in price now too.....
There's a few Guv'nors on reverb for about £300 ish. And one for £899 :shock:

Second hand Blues Breakers seem to be £500+ these days.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I'm amazed it took them so long to reissue the OG Bluesbreaker, especially given the fact there's whole companies powered by tweaked clones of it.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I had a Drivemaster as my main distortion for a while, not sure why I got rid of it tbh. I can't imagine needing anything other than the RAT now though, otherwise I'd be intrigued by this reissue.
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

These pedals are extremely well thought of.

The Shredmaster is on the first few Radiohead records on Johnny's board (it's the Creep duggadugga prechorus sound), the Guv'nor is on a few notable blues albums IIRC Gary Moore and Pat Travers, who I rate highly, ran it. Of course the Bluesbreaker is pretty legendary, can't say I know much about the Drivemaster but I can imagine it's pretty deece.

I would pick these up just for the cool factor of getting reissued in the original style cases, they are so beautiful! That reverse embossed Marshall logo and the dial pointers attractively colour matching the pedal name logo... mm mm mmmm.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Rhysyrhys wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 pm These pedals are extremely well thought of.

The Shredmaster is on the first few Radiohead records on Johnny's board (it's the Creep duggadugga prechorus sound), the Guv'nor is on a few notable blues albums IIRC Gary Moore and Pat Travers, who I rate highly, ran it. Of course the Bluesbreaker is pretty legendary, can't say I know much about the Drivemaster but I can imagine it's pretty deece.

I would pick these up just for the cool factor of getting reissued in the original style cases, they are so beautiful! That reverse embossed Marshall logo and the dial pointers attractively colour matching the pedal name logo... mm mm mmmm.
The Drivemaster is the same circuit as the Guv'nor minus the effects loop. The Guv'nor is also notable for being all over the My Bloody Valentine record Loveless.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I never clocked the OG Guvnor (and also the reissue apparently) had a loop- that's pretty sick for such an old pedal
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit