NMFXD Line 6 Floor Pod Plus

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

NickS

NMFXD Line 6 Floor Pod Plus

Post by NickS »

Just picked up a Line 6 Floor Pod Plus with PSU, sold as "for spares/repair, lights up but no audio output". Got it home, it's just like the man said. Hmm. Check PSU. 12v DC. Hang on, didn't Line 6 use to use a lot of AC? Check the bottom of the device - yep, needs 9v AC because it generates +ve and -ve rails for the audio from AC. Check my spares box.. 9V AC 20VA transformer should do nicely... et voila. It scrubbed up nicely, too. Phone photo:
► Show Spoiler
It has 31 banks of 4 presets and basically has the functionality of a Pod 2.0 plus Floorboard and double the number of presets. Checking eBay I should be able to make a profit on it... I think.
Personal pronouns he/him
NickS

Re: NMFXD Line 6 Floor Pod Plus

Post by NickS »

I got through cleaning it up and gave it a more thorough test. The wah switch was a bit glitchy,so I thought I'd better dive under the covers and see what gives.
► Show Spoiler
All reassembled and the wah switch is now glitch-free. I tested the MIDI and the Aux In and stereo outs and it all looks good and ready to sell. I might have to find a PSU that has a CE mark on it, though. I may be happy with the old PSU with a paper label on it but potential purchasers may not....
Personal pronouns he/him
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Nicely done!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

NickS defies the "no user serviceable parts" mantra like none other. looks great!