NMXFD Line 6 M13

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

NickS

NMXFD Line 6 M13

Post by NickS »

I picked up an as-new M13 yesterday and although I feel it could have done with a third expression pedal input, one thing particularly impressed me; when you go into the looper, the top row of effects remains active/selectable. I'm pretty sure the M9 doesn't do that. The GR-55 doesn't do that.
Personal pronouns he/him
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Re: NMXFD Line 6 M13

Post by Bacchus »

I thought (although I may be wrong) that that's the bottom row sort of pushed up.

M13 is brilliant. It does so much for me. If it had 3 expression pedals, I'd want a fourth.
NickS

Post by NickS »

I'll try to work that out tomorrow; the manual says "Any effects you have on when entering Looper mode will remain in your signal path."
Personal pronouns he/him
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Thinking more about it, I think the top row will show whatever you already have turned on in each column, or, the bottom row if nothing is turned on on that column.

I'm working off memory here though, and I'm a bit hazy.

Handy feature though. I especially like that you can place the looper before or after the pedalboard. I think that's one of the things that I really like about the M13 is that once you get into the menus and setup guides etc, it becomes more than a load of decent effects. It's well designed to be very usable. Big fan.
NickS

Post by NickS »

After a bit of experimentation, it seems that if you don't have anything selected in a given column when you select the looper, it remembers which you used last in that column and selects that.
Personal pronouns he/him
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Clever.