A visit to WM guitars Ashburton

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

NickS

A visit to WM guitars Ashburton

Post by NickS »

I've had an FB advertisement pop up a couple of times for WM Guitars in Ashburton (http://www.wmguitars.com/). As we were going to be passing close by on our way back from holiday (and with encouragement from Bacchus) I popped in for half an hour. It's a cave of treasures selling old and rare guitars, new guitars from unusual places e.g. Ukraine ("Woodstock" brand)... custom guitar parts (bridges, tremolos, knobs, etc.) - and the guy he says he has another two floors of stock. Huge assortment of acoustics, classical guitars, an assortment of pedals. By the time I'd waited for the owner to finish with an older lady who was sending her late husband's stuff to auction so I could get his OK I didn't have time to take than a few snaps.
KAPA Continental12-string:
► Show Spoiler
Antoria Gemini bass and six-string:
► Show Spoiler
Italia Monza:
► Show Spoiler
Various random shots - Burns, Suhr, etc.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Just noticed the label on the floor in this shot!
► Show Spoiler
Personal pronouns he/him
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Re: A visit to WM guitars Ashburton

Post by plopswagon »

At first, I thought some of these pictures were upside down. Now I know better.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Re: A visit to WM guitars Ashburton

Post by Bacchus »

NickS wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:36 pm (and with encouragement from Bacchus)
The "encouragement:"
► Show Spoiler

Wish I'd been more useful. Also now wishing I had the wherewithal to drive down and meet you for a natter.

When you posted about how much interesting stuff they had, I wondered if it was the same place that a friend sent the photo in this thread from:

http://www.shortscale.org/viewtopic.php?t=70943

A wee bit of internet sleuthing later (Plush Hair and Beauty reflected in the window of the Pub Thread photo) tells me that it was!