Belated NGD: East Coast T1

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Progrockabuse

Belated NGD: East Coast T1

Post by Progrockabuse »

As some might of been aware, I used to have Mike’s old baja tele. A guitar I loved and was my main ride until I got lost in custom shop strats.

I lent the baja to a relative of my late previous partner as they were in need. When I moved on and met my wife etc, I tried to retrieve the guitar and was met with much hostility from that relative as they felt I should mourn my EX for the rest of my life and how dare I move on. I’ve tried several time since and have now been informed that the guitar was sold by them with no hope of tracing it now.

Funds haven’t allowed me to get a new guitar or any equipment in a very long time. Because things are a little brighter now, I managed to pickup on of these.

I think east coast is something to do with the andertons lot, but this was a guitar guitar b stock special. Unsure what made it b stock as it looks mint, but I’ll take the discount price.

The neck is pale with a satin like finish, no jumbo frets like my usual guitars but feels nice in the hand. It’s heavy but it’s got some nice sustain to it. Hardware is ok, but I’m sure I can find some decent 2nd parts if needed. Bridge pickup is quite nice, plenty of bite to it without being too bright. I’ve missed that middle tele position. Might chuck a cheap set of better pickups if I can, but not a deal breaker for a home guitar.

It looks kinda like my old baja, it’ll never be that guitar but this scratches that itch for now.
Attachments
IMG_0237.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 413 times
IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 413 times
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Re: Belated NGD: East Coast T1

Post by Freddy V-C »

Looks tidy! And almost a dead ringer for the Baja.

I don't think I've come across East Coast guitars before.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Freddy V-C wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:41 pm Looks tidy! And almost a dead ringer for the Baja.

I don't think I've come across East Coast guitars before.
That’s what I thought, near as I can get for now.

They’ve been around for a few years, mainly cheap copies of teles/strats. Some have some nice upgrades like a neck p90 on the teles. Think most places have been selling them. This was £75 shipped and has been setup fairly well. Was in tune out of the box.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

It looks really nice, congrats! Today's cheap pickups are actually oftentimes quite good, unlike cheap ice picky pickups from 10-15 years ago.

I've got one Squier strat and while lust for more never goes away, having less is sometimes a good thing. Nowadays some guitar hobbyists have more guitars than all of their guitar heroes combined had in their heyday while recording and touring heavily. And those heroes often had crappier version of what we have, due to the inconsistent quality of instruments, bad set up and unavailability of spare parts. They basically played whatever they could get their hands on.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.